1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FtM feminine guys.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PossibleDesires, Apr 27, 2014.

1. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Men wear makeup nothing wrong whith that

2. Ruthven

I dunno bout that. I mean, cis dudes get flak for wearin' feminine stuff and/or actin' fem right? I don't think cis peeps are immune to gettin shit for breakin' the binary/gender roles. They're bound to them too is what I'm sayin.

3. setnyx

well said.

4. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know what, turn on ANY TV channel, and you'll find plenty of men wearing makeup. Keep in mind, it doesn't matter if you are male or female, makeup is something that, if done right, you can't tell if a person is wearing it because it's so subtle.

5. itsmegavin

itsmegavin Guest

I fill in my brows and I like to paint my nails occasionally. If you're a man, you're a man. It doesn't matter if you want to wear a frilly skirt and a pink wig, if you identify yourself as a man, you're a man in my eyes. That guy was just being a tool.

6. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, they're certainly not immune to getting crap, and they're not exempt from society's rules about gender. But cis people don't get invalidated in the same way when they bend the rules. The second a transguy wears eyeliner or nail polish, he MUST be faking it and he should stay a girl! Because clearly the only way for a trans person to be taken seriously as their true gender is if they become hyper-masculine/-feminine caricatures of their gender.

7. CyanChachki

I am so glad that I have found this thread. I was under the impression that I was the only one who thought this way, based on having no luck in finding people who thought like I did. I am FTM trans and I wear make up when I feel like it. It may confuse others but I really think that it shouldn't be a big deal. There are guys who wear make up and it seems as though no one really questions it.. at least the people I know don't question it.

I find it odd.. because when you're transitioning the expectation is that you're going to become male or female and that you have to be super butch or super feminine.. but in reality, that's not always the case. For me, I'm not going to hide my bisexuality and pretend that I'm straight. I'm not going to stop doing drag. I'm not going to act like a total guy just because that's what's expected.

Overall, everyone - transitioning or not - should be who they want to be, regardless of what the majority things. If you are FtM and want to wear make up and later on in life become a drag queen, do it. If you're MtF and don't feel like wearing make up and want to become a drag king, feel free.. feel comfortable with whatever you want to do. There are no rules to this, there are no rules to life and there are no rules to tell you how you should and who you should be. Be YOU.

8. elishe248

Out Status:
    Some people
    Honey, the other transdude was just being awful. No one gets to invalidate your identity. Ever! You are a man because you want to be a man and you identify as a man. Period.

So, now that you're a man and we've settled that, I got a lot of make-up for my birthday (my grandparents haven't picked up on the butch presentation thing) and I'm never going to use it. Do you want any of it? I bet it would make you look fabulous.

9. PossibleDesires

Out Status:
    All but family
    Your post made me smile for some reason, which I am really thankful for! :slight_smile: Today has been a horrible day as I was walking home from school and some girls from another high school were shouting insults my way but your comment made it better and I thank you for it!