1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Gay Memory?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zec24, Nov 18, 2007.

1. JillandJill

I tried to kiss my best friend when we were five and I always wanted to touch my older cousin's boobs before I knew how wrong that was on so many levels haha

2. julia

When I was younger, maybe around 8-9?, me and my cousin used to kiss sometimes (we didn't think anything of it, and it wasn't often, so) and I kissed a few of my girl friends when I was like 11. Oh and this isn't really related but since I was like 8 I made my girl barbies kiss. I don't know why it took me 10 years to figure out I was gay, It's a mystery to me.

3. BajanBoy13

Well when I was like 4 or 5 I think I used to dress up in my mothers clothes and have like a 'Fashion Show' and would walk out into the living room like that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I didn't realise I was Gay till about a few months ago.

4. Epipleptic

I kissed a few boys when I was three. I read that behavior has more to do with a young child not knowing how to appropriately express affection to different people (i.e. thinking because you kiss mommy and grandma you kiss friends too).

My earliest had to be at a graduation or birthday party when I was in 8th grade. It was me and maybe someone else on the deck and one boy in the pool. The boy in the pool took his underwear off and was skinny dipping. I didn't see anything but I found the whole thing thrilling and intriguing. I didn't leave the deck and was totally fine staying there.

5. Snowy song

Age 6, First grade: I had a massive crush on the Kindergarten teacher (don't ask me why - I'd never met her). I was soooo confused.

6. ryanninjasheep

My first "actual" gay memory was last week when my crush hugged me (as a friend)

7. Willisilliw

When I was like 5, all I wanted for my birthday was an easy bake oven and a Barbie VW bug.

8. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Me and a friend i had a crush on without really knowing it was a crush were laying in his room,we were about 9 or 10,we were just hanging around watching Jason Takes Manhattan for about the millionth time(Still a cool movie) and I just asked him if he was gay and he said no and I told him I was.I have better stories but I believe this was the first.

9. YIAW

I'm pretty sure I had crushes on various disney princesses/actresses/teachers from an early age. I actually had thoughts about my teachers that weren't exactly innocent. Wow, how can a kid that young actually think about that stuff??

But the first thing that comes to my mind is me watching Pretty Woman with my family (and by the way, guys? not a kids friendly movie) and there was this scene where Julia Roberts has just spent the night with Richard Gere, and she's asleep in his bed, and for the first time she's without her wig and you can see her beautiful red hair spread all over the pillow. I remember I said out loud "wow, she's so pretty!"
    My parents thought it was cute and bought me a Julia Roberts poster, LOL

10. Pain

Pain Guest

When I was around 4-5, I thought this boy on my little baseball team was "handsome." Haha, I used that word because I learned that "girls are pretty but boys are handsome." Lol, then my mom freaked out and told me never to say that again. :lol: I didn't know what was wrong :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Pinstripe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've been in denial about liking girls for a long time, so I don't really have a moment when I realized it or anything. But I used to draw all the time as a kid, and at first it was just normal things that my mom would pin up on the fridge. But at some point (3rd grade?), I started drawing in composition notebooks that I wouldn't show anyone. I remember not wanting people to see that I drew women with prominent breasts or in skimpy outfits. It wasn't anything too out there, just bikinis and stuff. I really didn't know why I wanted to draw those things, or why I was so embarrassed to show anyone.

But after all that practice, I'm pretty good at drawing pinups now... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Daveed 7125

Daveed 7125 Guest

I had a babysitter who would watch TV after she would put us to bed. I remember waking up early and going downstairs, where she was watching something on MTV with a bunch of shirtless guys. I remember telling her I thought I was part girl because I thought the guys were cute.

13. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I used to wrap up in my duvet and wear my mums jewellery, wow........ that never came across as a sign.

14. Markio

One of my earliest memories is when I was three, I would play with hotwheels cars. I like them because they were sparkly, so I called them "sparkle cars." Is that gay?

I also couldn't pronounce my R's yet, so it sounded more like "spawkoh caw."

15. bob94

This isn't a memory about actually being attracted to other guys, but I think it's funny. When I was probably 5-ish, my sister and I would play Mario Kart on the Nintendo 64, and we would ALWAYS argue over who got to pick Princess Peach (she was the only girl character). Those arguments would get pretty intense sometimes.

16. Pinstripe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dunno if it counts as a gay memory or not, but this is the most adorable thing I've heard all day. x3

17. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't remember this, but apparently one day in Kindergarten I was being disruptive to the class so the teacher put me in some kinda storage room (basically a closet LOL if they only knew how truly appropriate that was :lol: ... (remember this was in the 1970's so teachers could do more with disciplining students))

-----
    One thing from Jr High (or middle school as they call it now) i remember:
    In art class there was this one girl who'd sometimes sorta chase me around the room (if we were both there before the teacher arrived). She'd always joke that she was going to kiss me. I always said no (she never did)
    There was also this guy (who I'll call 'C') that sat at the same table as me, who I was friends with. we'd talk & help eachother on little things if needed... So one day C wrote this little note & passed it across to me...it said very much like "Jay I love you very very very much" another student saw it and said something like "oooh Jay". I took the whole thing as a joke (and always assumed it was...) but it did give me a weird little feeling inside :slight_smile:

As a side note:
    Back then I had no idea about my gay side..I really didn't figure that out til sometime in my 20's.

At times I wondered about C and things like was he gay or bi and what if I still knew him (lost contact after Jr High)

#117 SimplyJay, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  18. DPQuarter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When I was 4, I remember my friend and I agreeing that we would both marry girls because "boys are smelly and won't play tea party with you". She grew out of it, I never did. And I still love to play tea party.

19. JillandJill

Ooooohhhh wow.
    I just remembered while reading through this, that I once made a book and filled it with my drawings of Britney Spears, naked. When I was like 7. Whoa nellie. I was a pervy little kid....

20. JudasKissedHIM

When I was 7 years of age... I was friends with this really beautiful boy and just always wanted to be around him. Looking back now I realise that was my first gay moment- although there was nothing sexual to the friendship (we were 7!) I realise I wanted to be around him so much because he was so beautiful... The same way a 7 year old straight boy loves being around the beautiful girl and having her attention.

(P.S- I ran into the guy last year for the first time in 10 years. OMFG what a glass of SEXY!)