1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Family Event

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bsg75apollo, Jul 9, 2022.

1. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tomorrow will be an interesting. It is my daughter's wedding shower for her mom's and my sides of the family. It will be the first family event since I came out and made my FB announcement. I don't know who knows what. Even though I doubt anyone will say anything, I feel anxious about potentially dealing with this in the real world for the first time.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope you will enjoy yourself at the wedding shower and that it will allow you to relax and be yourself.

Should somebody say something or bring it up, try to stay being yourself and remember that people often take their cues from you. If you go into it with 'this is what it is' and you show that you are comfortable and fine, chances are people won't say something that could leave you in an awkward or uncomfortable position.

That said, your instincts are your best guide. It looks like things should be fine. :slight_smile:

3. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just enjoy yourself and have fun