1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feels like I'm not ready for a relationship.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AnotherQueer, Aug 3, 2015.

1. AnotherQueer

Perth, the weirdest and furthest place from
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Please help.

It feels like I'm not ready for a relationship. At all. And I'm currently going on dates with a guy who is nice, but I know that a relationship will end up being one sided, for him being into me and me not into him.
    My main problem is why do I feel and think this way? Am I just not finding guys I like enough?

I've never pursued someone, and I've often been pursued. Does this affect anything?

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're not ready for a relationship, that's totally fine. I think you should go with your instincts on this one. I've regretted moving into a relationship before I was ready in the past.

There could be a few reasons that you feel this way, but honestly I don't think your feelings are unusual. It takes time to find the right person for you, it may well be the case that you simply haven't met the right guy or that you're not ready to settle just yet. Both those things are fine!

You must make sure that the relationship is right for you- not just because you think it'll make the other person happy, because that never works out in the long run.

3. troubleshooter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're not ready...then stop! Don't make yourself do things that you're uncomfortable with. You don't need to find anyone if you're ok how you are now. Just give yourself some time and see if you're up for it at a later date.

4. Matz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sometimes it's just that people aren't meeting good matches, yes. Other times it's that they've been hurt recently and need to heal, their life is very stressful and they're not in a good place to invite new people into their heart, or they simply have fears and doubts about relationships and commitments. There are so many possible reasons that it's hard to list them.

5. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't jump into it if you're not comfortable. I'm not ready for a relationship either. You just got to find the right guy for you. Sparks will fly and you'll be in a relationship where you'll be happy! It just takes time.

6. YesImsure75

YesImsure75 Guest

I know how you feel. In my case it was usually one sided because I was the one who fell head over heels for the person never considering that it was all one sided. I realized I was not ready because I emotionally went too fast and got hurt which was my own fault for one reason or another. I decided I should just cool it and just meet people and not be so quick to jump into a relationship. I guess even now I am afraid of trying because I don't want to risk the same mistakes and get hurt again.Someday I will be ready and then I will tread cautiously but till then I just enjoy meeting new people with no pressure.