1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling like less of a man for lack of a body part

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TinyWerewolf, Dec 12, 2023.

1. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is going to be a very open thread for me, and probably awkward too. Sorry in adavance, I don't normally speak of bottom dysphoria- especially not publicly.

I feel like less of a man for lacking a dick. I wish I had one so badly, even if I pay thousands it won't be the same as if I'd been born with one. And it hurts my soul, somewhere so deeply down it's an innate longing to have one.

Part of it is likely nasty things my own mother has said to me- but it's also what I've really always wanted since it sunk in that cis guys recieved different parts in the womb.

The worst part? I can't even pack. I had the house to myself the past weekend and finally got to for maybe the third time this year (maybe second, very tired right now)- it felt so much better but didn't solve all my problems. It did greatly improve it though. It's coming up on four years of this crap this evening/next morning, and that's messing with me enough on its own and with the grief I've been trying to deal with.

Guess this is more of a vent than anything, I'll shut up now

2. Chillton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try not to beat yourself up so much and treat yourself with patience and kindness. Simply having a penis is only a biological difference and has nothing to do with gender. I respect men and women for their content of character and never think about their genitals during that process. If they're worried about how you are split down the middle, then that got weird priorities my man. It's none of their business. If having a penis is a part of what it means to be a man then it's trivial. Lets say it's less than 5% for example. Be the other 95% of what it means to a man. Show people your worth more than organs.

There are plenty of people who hate me and thought less of me as a man over the course of my life. But I earned their respect by standing up for myself and not caving into pressure. There are also a hundred ways to be a good man. There isn't one that is ultimately better than the rest. There are many paths to manhood and I'm sure you'll find your way.

Maybe you can wear baggy clothes to hide packing. Or maybe you can wear some packing equivalent that gives you the same physical feeling like your packing but doesn't show physically. Kind of like a placebo.

Keller, Rayland and wouldbeElliot like this.
  3. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just really wish I had one, I'd be way more comfortable with having a penis than what I got stuck with. So many transphobes are in this area too, I even have to live with two of them for the time being. It hurts to hear the stupidest of transphobic logic tumble out of their mouths. I've tried to withstand it as much as I could, but it's like a poison seeping through my skin. Today my insecurities are hitting me like a freight train with everything going on and being tired.

I can't pack because of my mom, and anybody I know except maybe eleven to seventeen people. I live in a tiny rural town and work in one not a whole lot bigger, word can travel fast. I have an escape plan I'm slowly getting together, I can't risk blowing that one shot out of here. Besides, if she catches me somehow she'll steal what I was using to pack and either never say a word or yell at me for it. I'm tired of that treatment.

4. Chillton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like we talked about before, just turn everything off and focus on surviving. Once you're settled in your new place away from your family, then you can process your feelings at your own pace, and live the life you want. I know it sucks and I'm sorry. Just dig deep and finish strong at the finish line. Bottle up the emotions for right now and become that freight train instead. Take the poison like a wasp sting to the head and keep working towards your goal. Once you move to a safe space you can unravel and put yourself back together uninterrupted without anyone tearing you down. You don't have to be strong forever. Just until you get over this last hurdle.

Try to distract yourself as much as possible if you start to get overwhelmed. Movies, books, video games, reading, hobbies, working out, hiking, sitting in your car watching YouTube for a few hrs before you have to go home. Anything and everything. Hang in there.

5. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey Jack, firstly you are a man. I see you as a man. Your friends on EC do too. You're a guy - end of.

But I hear you about your dysphoria. I think this sort of dysphoria is always the hardest to cope with, because for any trans person sorting out what's down below tends to be near the end of our 'journey'. Sometimes it can feel like an impossible dream. For myself, I yearn to have a vagina. I despise what I can feel between my legs at the moment, but I know one day I'll be rid of it.

And for you it will happen. It'll take years. Of course. But it will happen.

First and foremost, as Chilton said, you have to survive in the here and now, so you can enact your escape plan next year. You've made it this far, kept your head above water, under enormous pressure and abuse. I admire you so much. You can do this.

Sending out big hugs to you, my brother,

Beth xxx

#5 chicodeoro, Dec 13, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2023
  6. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I actually have some good news, my cousin I've tried to reach out to for two years has finally recieved my message. He contacted me through a friend so we'll be in touch shortly- and they contacted today, four years from being kidnapped on the dot. I'd given up hope assuming they'd never see it...

7. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Tomorrow is a big day for me, I'm kind of nervous. I almost don't know what to say to them the more I think about it

8. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey Jack..who's 'them'? Your cousin? The family you live with?

Fingers crossed, whatever it is goes well. Will be thinking of you.

Hugs, Beth xxx

9. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ah yes, that's my cousin I'm talking about, sorry. They go by he they pronouns the last I heard.

10. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yesterday I had to try on dresses for Christmas Eve and it was deeply triggering. I wanted to cry and/or get blackout drunk.

11. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hugs. They are just pieces of fabric. It says nothing about who you really are. You are a man. There are plenty of men wearing dresses out there. Don't let this bring you down.

12. Sammy1995

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's horrible. I hope you're ok. Having family members reassert your dysmorphia for you is a horrible experiance even if it's unintentional. You are a man no matter what they do they cant take that away from you.

13. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm dreading having to wear makeup honestly, makes my face itch too. It hurts me psychologically, that and all the other crap piling up makes it rough.

Thing is, I believe it is intentional. They took all the stuff that gave me euphoria a long time ago.

14. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hugs. Whenever you need it, then we'll always here to listen little brother.
    Imagine you're playing a part in a theatre play or in a movie. What helps me is that this body to me is basically a shell and I can control it to an extent, but not always. All of the things happen to this shell and not me myself.

TinyWerewolf and Chillton like this.
  15. Sammy1995

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats so messed up. I get not understanding but some people are just so vindictive about it. Even at my darkest points I wouldnt treat people like that. I hope things improve for you.

16. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    From what you've said about them, it probably is.

Why are you having to dress up for Christmas Eve anyway? Is it a concert you're performing in or something?

I feel your pain though. Every time when I go to work and have to wear trousers and male clothing it just irks me soooo much. At least with my long hair I feel I'm hiding in plain sight, so to speak.

But, you know, it won't be long until all of this is a bad memory, Jack.

Big hugs, my brother,
    Beth xxx

TinyWerewolf likes this.
  17. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's exactly it. Just sang the first of three to four Catholic masses in a three day stint. The 4:30 one Christmas Eve is very formal.

18. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ah I see. I guess there is a reason for it, then.

Just take a deep breath, get through it and think inwardly 'this too shall pass'. Some day soon you'll be singing as yourself: a man.

Big hugs,
    Beth xxx

19. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I might be able to talk her into letting me wear pants it seems, that would help a lot. I'll still have to wear a particular bra I hate, and maybe a shirt I hate, but better than the dress.

Chillton likes this.
  20. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you want specifics I have old threads explaining. The TL;DR is I was harrassed and abused back into the closet. She also stole every affirming thing I had for myself. I won't get into the nitty gritty details myself on this thread because it's a lot. What happened to me is intense and ugly though, so if you're not in a good place don't read it.