1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling good!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by staticinmyattic, Jul 3, 2023.

1. staticinmyattic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been working out every day for a week and a half. Nothing major, 30 minutes on the treadmill consistently each day. I feel great physically and emotionally, but there's something else there. I don't know what word to use other than feminine. When I'm physically healthy and emotionally happy, I feel feminine. Thinking about my identity as a person of transgender experience, envisioning myself transitioning, these things aren't making me shut down or go numb like they have in the past. They make me...dare I say... happy?

I had a customer service interaction with someone who's name tag said "He/him," but based on appearance I would not have otherwise clocked as male. Having a conversation with this guy and making a point of saying "Hey, thanks man" for the genuinely awesome work he did appeared to make his day, and it made mine too. Maybe I don't get to be seen as who I actually am, but making other people feel seen goes a long way. I like making the world feel a little friendlier for queer people even if (especially if?) barely anyone knows I'm queer myself.

Rayland and mnguy like this.
  2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome you've been able to stay on a regular workout and you're feeling all those good things! I hope you keep feeling happy and feminine and spreading it like you did with that clerk. You did a nice thing and you felt good too. I wish everyone would seek feeling good by doing good for others like you, rather than reject people and expect everyone has to conform to unhealthy norms. Keep up the kindness :slight_smile: