Feel like I've lost my identity due to emotional abuse about my sexuality... feel lost

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kelseyk92, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Kelseyk92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there,
    I need a bit of advice.

I came out when I was about 15 years old, when I came out as a lesbian and was being myself, I've felt the happiest I have ever been. It was tough at first because my mum wasn't accepting but as I've gotten older, she is amazing and accepting and supportive.

I'm 28 years old, I had a bit of a situation a few years back. I became close friends with a straight girl. I fell madly in love with her, I don't know how or why it happened, I just fell for her. We spent so much time together but one day she called me over because she wanted to speak to me. When I got there she told me what I am is wrong, two women can't make a baby so it's not right, I need to sort myself out be normal, "lay back and take it" and find a man. This woman is my duty manager still to this day. As you can imagine, this broke my heart because I thought she accepted me for who I am.

I have now met someone, an amazing woman. She is about 10 years older than me, her wife of 11 years died 6 years ago and she has gone to rehab for us, because she thinks it will help our relationship. She is AMAZING but for some reason this girl who broke my hearts words echo in my mind, telling me who I am is wrong and basically that I am not valid. When I was out and proud I was the happiest person ever but for some reason now I question myself constantly saying maybe it is wrong, we can't have children together, it's not normal, how are you ever gonna be happy, what's the point? maybe I should be straight blah blah blah

I've never felt so lost and confused like I have completely lost my identity. I know I AM NOT INTO MEN WHATSOEVER, I know I like women only and I am only into women. The constantly questioning is pure torture and I think it's due to the emotional abuse

Any advice for me?

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is the company you work for large enough to have an HR department? If so report the abuse to them.

If not I would seek out legal help, I think it likely that you could sue over this abuse.

I have suffered greatly at the hands of religious fanatics and I think that they need to learn to keep their intolerance and hate to their own private lives and leave the rest of us alone.

3. Kelseyk92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sadly I don’t think suing would help. I could get money but that won’t help what this woman has done to me mentally

4. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Getting money would be secondary and it could be used to pursue therapy to help your recovery. I was thinking more that suing would result in her dismissal and that would make your life (and everyone else at the company) safer and better.

Kelseyk92 likes this.