1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Coming Outs?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by davo-man, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Nova713

Nova713 Guest

I was telling a very close friend of mine over facebook and I was unintentionally building up suspense by trying to ease into saying it. When I finally did, she responded, something along the lines of

"That's it? I thought you were going to tell me you had cancer or something."

2. Markio

A few nights ago I went to a friend's sleep-over I knew through high school musical theatre. I implied casually to another gay friend that I was gay too. He went, "Oh!" and a moment later was looking around the room pointing at the guys. He said he was counting how many straight guys there were in the room. There was one!

3. Cheese Love

I was *so* nervous, and I finally spit it out to my friend in the car one night. She knew I was trying to tell her something...

So I told her and she goes, "...Oh." like that awkward, 'I don't really know what to say" kind of "oh".

And then she goes, "Rachel.. I've been waiting for you to come out of the closet for a really long time! XD"

4. Noah

My good friend Matt, "So, will you start having better fashion sense now?"
    Me: Oh, thanks....

5. ColdSnap

my favourite so far was my friend andy who just gave me a hug and said everything would be ok. The only one who said it and was exactly what i needed to hear :slight_smile:

6. happysky

My favorite was was my first. I told my best friend/crush that was gay at an astronomy thing.
    I told him under the stars, and I couldn't have chosen a better time.

7. cjtom

cjtom Guest

Aww that's so nice!

My favourite was probably the first one. She was trying to guess who I liked and she said "is it a boy?" and i just didn't disagree!

Its funny because the next week we were in McDonalds and she asked me if one of my other female friends was my type or not?!

"Apart from the lack of a penis you mean?" was my reply!

8. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought of another one. My sister told a friend of hers. The friend is about the gayest-acting straight guy you'll ever come across. He's studying hairdressing, he puts more time, effort and product into his hair in a week than I would in a year, he has a high-pitched voice, a limp wrist, all the supposed gay catchphraes, you name it. His reaction? "But she doesn't look gay!" Er, Corey dear, you're really not one to talk about looking gay vs being gay.

9. jazzrawr

Hmmm...it's gotta be one of my best friend's boyfriend's reaction, he said this: "Now...how gay are you, exactly? Like, I-hate-penis-enough-to-chop-it-off gay, or I-prefer-girls-but-the-occasional-penis-is-ok gay?"

Oh dear. He's just my favourite person. XD

Another good one was my sister, who was like "It took you THIS long to tell me?! What the HELL?"

10. Shaylyn

Favorite was def one day at school while walking with my friend during lunch:

Her : You're not eating a magic bar. MAGIC BAR.
    Me : I know, I know. Magic bars are amazing, I'm just not hungry.
    Her : Coconut...chocolate...goodness. This must be something serious.
    Me : Haha, nothing big, just kind of upset.
    Her : Is it over a girl?
    Me : *Cue shocked face because no one in school knew I was gay* Uh...yeah.
    Her : I so knew you liked girls! Did your girlfriend not give you vagina last night? Do you want me to beat her up for you?

Aha, gotta love that girl.

11. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have two.

The first was when I came out to my cousin. I had slept over at his house and we went for a walk the next morning. We were talking about video games, school, friends, etc., and girls came up. He told me what was going on romantically in his life, and asked about me. My cousin had made many disparaging remarks about homosexuality in the past (and even on that walk), but I kind of figured that it was now or never. I told him I'm gay, and he said "Look, it's alright. I don't have a problem with it at all. And anybody who does isn't fucking worth it anyway".

The second was when I was at a party at my friend's house. It was about 4 a.m. and most people had already crashed. Me and two of my friends that I've known for 5 years went outside to smoke, and one of them asked why I didn't pursue any of the girls I was talking to inside. I said, or rather slurred, "Because I don't like girls." One of them had already figured it out, and he was cool with it, but the other was stupefied. He was silent for what seemed like ages. I was mortified. My eyes started to water and I got up to leave. He suddenly just said "wait", gave me a big hug and said "It's okay. You're one of my best friends. Nothing will change that".

God, I love my friends. :slight_smile:

12. LostAddict

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To my roommate:

Me: I'm gay
    Him: I knew there was a reason you liked Uma Thurman so much.

13. ricoca

dude that's so funny... LOL

14. Greggers

Friend: "Greg, why is your facebook Status about watching Twilight?"
    Me: "Oh, um, cause i just watched it?"
    Friend: "Haha, let me guess, a girl made you watch it if you know what i mean :wink:"
    Me: "Um, just a tad off. Have you checked my facebook profile recently?"
    Friend: "Oh..."
    Friend: "Ive kissed two guys before!"

...and then we had a "gay off". Needles to say i won :slight_smile: The whole thing was very awkward, because this friend has always been very...er..."open"...about sexuality. He has huged me before in public and put on a lisp. However, he IS 100% straight haha.

15. 1974

Coming out to friends i have known for years, these guys are very church orientateed and their ids are my god children oops.

Seriously told them and got the response "We knew that and you are very special to us" i cried.....

Following that though got the email saying that she has laid claim to me being her gay best friend YAY(!)

16. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

I had come out to my best friend but we really didn't talk about it much untill 3 days later. I asked if he had any questions and he stopped me and said he always knew, This was his quote

"The Destiney's Child, Pink (singer) and broadway obsessions was a dead give away."
    -My brother from another mother

17. SexyTimeInTent

Southend-On-Sea, Essex, South East, England
    I might have to be greedy here cause I just cant decide my favourite.

one of my favs is the first person i came out to, it was best friend at school, about 5 years ago. we were late to afternoon registration and were the only people in the locker room. i'd being trying to tell her for ages, but I always chickened out. in the end i told her to look away and I said:"I'm bi" then I ran away up 4 flights of stairs to registration after which she cornered me and gave me a big hug. it was really nice.

another was when I came out to my best friend who I've known for most of my life about 2 weeks later, and I was like there's something I need to tell you and I sat her down on a bench she was really worried for me, but when I told her she was like "really?" I was really nervous so she just gave me the nicest hug ever and said that she wasn't really surprised.

sorry about how greedy I'm being, but I have to add this;
    2-3 years ago I was in a GCSE business studies lesson and the teacher said to write a discription of your perfect guy (I went to a catholic all girls school - aparently we were meant to be straight) so everyone started writing and I was sat there wondering if I should just write some crap, but I started thinking why should I?! so I shouted out, "but sir I like girls", he stuttered and started mubbling write about you're perfect woman then, it was perhaps the funniest thing in a very long time.

18. SexyTimeInTent

Southend-On-Sea, Essex, South East, England
    ^
    sorry about the essay

19. Maggi

well mine was in a gym locker room at school. a couple girls and i were talking about swim class later and how it went from being coed to not coed. one of them said "good! no boys! all we have to worry about now is having a lesbian in our class" and i said "like me" she was startled but she apologized for her statement later.

20. tomfromeds

ok... i came out to a mate on 'samurai' at Thorpe Park. For people who don't know it, it's a ride at a theme park that goes up to 5 G's! It was fun but... i wasnt sure if he heard me straight after because i'd already tried it on Nemesis Inferno and he didnt hear. lol. It was fun tho. I just shouted (while on ride going real fast) 'Matt, i thought i'd tell you now since it's a quiet moment... (shouted real loud) IM GAY!!!! ' HEHE