Favorite Villain

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kaiser, Sep 4, 2014.

1. TurtleCat

Off the top of my head I really dig Heath Ledger's The Joker and The Trinity Killer from Dexter.

As far as video games go, I remember Xenogears having some really badass villains. Krelian, Ramsus, Miang. Suikoden II also deserves an honorable mention, with Jowy and Luca Blight.

2. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I cant really think of one but with the sad passing of Richard Kiel, I have to say Jaws.

3. Ryujin

Can we have Anti-Heroes and Rivals as well or just antagonists?

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

If you think they fit, sure. Interestingly, one of my Top 5 choices, is more of an anti-hero. Just so long as they aren't exactly considered a hero.

5. ShyTotodile

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh, this is tough. I like a lot of villains, mainly because some of them have such cool back stories, or because their design is awesome.

But, my favorite one is probably Bowser from the Mario Games. I've always liked him, dunno why. He's pretty cool to me.

6. Carlgustav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Crabby Appleton-rotten to the core! (From the cartoon Tom Terrific (with Mighty Manfred the Wonder Dog) Cartoon used to be shown on Captain Kangaroo

7. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Harley Quinn, of course! She's hilarious and I love her style. ;3
    [​IMG]

8. TheStormInside

I'm having a hard time picking a favorite villain. From a strictly design standpoint, I absolutely love Malificient's (Sleeping Beauty) design. I love Scar (Lion King) for his deviousness. Mr. Freeze (Batman) is a tragic villain, and that really speaks to me. Frollo (Disney's Hunchback) is kind of perfect in his imbalance and hypocrisy, but I don't *love* to hate him, I just hate him. Another couple worth mention would be the Red Bull and King Haggard (Last Unicorn).

I also want to leave this here for you all:

[YOUTUBE]GAUZIw95ueM[/YOUTUBE]

9. Blossom85

The old man in the first and second Robocop movie, plus the two obvious baddies, ED209 from the first one and Kain from the second one. Dick Jones and Clarence Bodicker as well. It interests me that there was so many baddies rolled into one in the first movie that basically had the same intentions, to get rid of Robocop to further better their own agendas.

10. TheStormInside

Oh! To add another favorite that somehow slipped my mind: The Gentlemen (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

11. Blossom85

Oh yes, they were very creepy, one of my favs as well from Buffy.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I've delayed my actual response, to this, long enough it would seem. Bringing this back to the front, as a reminder, to finish my formal list's first addition, sometime in the next week.

Also, I'm sure there's more answers, to be obtained, from others.

13. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Disney
    Maleficent
    Evil queen / old hag
    Frollo

Dc-Batman
    Scarecrow
    The Joker
    Harley Quinn
    Catwoman ( i want her outfit so bad >.<

14. Quiet Raven

My favorite would be the main antagonist from Tales of the Abyss. Keep in behind before you read further, these are spoilers.

Van Grants. He comes from a world obsessed with a religion. The "Score". Much like the bible. Words of a god that people follow, obsessively. Except, in this case, it writes out events that are "supposed" to happen. And almost everyone reads these and does everything they can to make sure it happens. They are slaves. And in many cases, people start wars just because the score says it is supposed to happen.

Van wants to stop this. Well the protagonists don't like it either. But Van has a way to create replicas, his goal is to create replicas of eveey single person on the planet. These replicas don't know anything about the score. Then, he will wipe out of every living person on earth, except for the ones he trusts, and replace them with replicas.

New world, with no score. That would be ideal.

I just thought that was a really interesting, and crazy plan for a villain. It makes sense. The people were only causing wars and killing each other, with no reason or mind of their own, and you certainly can't just talk them out of it.

So yeah, he was just doing what he truly believed was the only way to save the world.

---------- Post added 6th Dec 2014 at 10:10 AM ----------

I would just like to add..... I am not saying world genocide is actually a good idea. The way I worded that, some people may be led to believe that, lol. I am just saying there is logic to it. Not the it was the right choice.

Just to throw that out there before someone calls me insane.

15. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm going to end up leaving out a bunch but here are the ones I can think of right now.

The Joker, Harly Quinn, V (V for Vendetta), Magneto, Darth Vader, Deathstroke, Zechs Marquis (Gundam Wing), Folken (Vision of Escaflowne), The Phantom (Phantom of the Opera), The Wicked Witch of the West, Elsa (Frozen, yes that Elsa! And yes, villian),...

That's all I can think of right now. I did just start watching Dexter (like literally 'just', I'm loading the 2nd episode as I type) but so far I like him too.

16. DinelodiiGitli

V from V for Vendetta (though I'm not sure I consider him a villain....).
    Unless we start including anime characters, then we have a whole new discussion on our hands.

17. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Who can really argue with the Joker? Whether he's in the movies, games or comic books, he has to be the ultimate villain.

I totally see where you're coming from about Trinity from Dexter, though. He just looked so cuddly... I think that's what made him scary!

18. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

The joker, he's classic

19. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Technically V is an anti-hero but a previous post said anti-heroes are probably okay :slight_smile: