1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyone is bisexual?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by xxaquaxx, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, keep in mind that the Kinsey scale isn't a canon measuring system for orientations. It's more like a self rating, and people can't usually give themselves a thoroughly accurate rating. As far as human sexuality goes, I think it's not really worth generalizing sexual orientations as specific numbers. The only reason I use the Kinsey scale is because it's easier to differentiate "gay" from "gay but curious". You are what you think you are, I suppose.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Exactly. I don't consider kinsey 5 or 1's to be bi either, so not everyone is bi.

Kinsey 0/6's are rare, but they do exist as well (not saying you didn't say this) so that's proof that not everyone is bi. Aromantic asexuals are less than 0.1% of the population, but it doesn't mean it CAN'T happen.

Sexuality is a fluid thing, but not everyone is fluid and that's something to keep in mind for everyone else! Like I've said before, religion is fluid but not every christian becomes an atheist, and food preferences are fluid, but not everyone 'learns' to like pizza. It's quite sad that people argue otherwise when it comes to sexuality, even though these same people won't admit that they have the capability to like and involve themselves with every single thing humanely possible in our culture.

3. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you both for this post.
    I can very much relate to Skaro's experience- to me people are people & I might find myself attracted on some level to both, hence I consider myself a Kinsey 5, but since I also find the male gender a deal-breaker for developing actual sexual interest/attraction, I still consider myself very gay.
    There are people who consider all Kinsey 5s to be actually bisexual- which I find awfully invalidating, (because some can be gay, some can be bi), so thank you for actually acknowledging that this is not the case & not perpetuating the compulsory bisexuality myth. :slight_smile:

4. Bearsona

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This, a million times over.

5. Images and Words

I'm new to this thread. Just popping in to say that the statement is a big pile of shit, now I'm popping off again

6. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe there are more bisexual people than society cares to admit, but not everyone is bisexual. Just look at all the people who couldn't make a their straight marriage work because they were in fact gay. If they were bi, they would probably have had attraction towards their spouse.

7. Yami

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No, I think that sounds like a really cute theory and I would love it if it were true. But sadly, no, absolutely not :/

8. love doll

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yes for me too. The two feelings are quite different and for me the sweeter of the two is being turned on by a man. Crazy crazy beautiful. I have invented my own way of mastrubating with a man in my mind.

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like girls?

10. Yami

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sorry we had to inform you this way... we all thought you knew :cry:

11. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Exactly. The problem is that people want to decide someone else's sexuality because it aligns with their viewpoint of what it SHOULD be.

As for the main comment, if you're not a Kinsey 0 or a Kinsey 6 (exclusively heterosexual or homosexual, with no voluntary experience that was enjoyed, no thoughts about it, no chance of arousal, and even possible repulsion), then you're probably some form of bisexual. Kinsey 0.5s and 5.5s are technically bisexual, but far from what is more common and typical. They're better suited by identifying as straight or gay/lesbian and they probably do.

I would even consider the married adult who, for whatever reason was intrigued by someone of their own gender ONCE in their lives, and it is said to happen, and then the interest or intrigue faded, as straight.

I'm not a huge fan of the Kinsey scale because of its faulty methodology, but it sure comes in handy when trying to discuss things like this.

#51 Tightrope, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  12. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think that our orientation is such an integral part of who we are that it is hard for a person to see the world through the eyes of someone with a different orientation.

It reminds me of an encounter I had: I had just come out to someone close to me and we started talking about theories of sexuality and suddenly he presented the theory that everyone is deep down bi-sexual, he went on to ask me in a completely serious voice that, deep down, if bi-sexuality was considered the norm in society, wouldn't I be bi-sexual. I stared at him and said quite clearly and without hesitation, with a huge smile on my face "NO"; I couldn't stop laughing.

it's just the absurdity of the situation that anyone would believe that someone who had just come out as asexual would a few minutes later say that they were deep down bi-sexual. :slight_smile:

13. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I agree, and I also talked about this with my best friend who is also aro ace who also agreed.

Plus it makes zero sense at all. Heterosexuality is the norm in society, we're all forced and pressured into it, but yet homosexuals exist even in the most homophobic societies that never talk about same-sex attraction and will even execute you for practicing it.

14. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sex is at the very base of Maslow's pyramid, or fairly close to the base, so it's not something that will ever be curtailed, even in dangerous circumstances. The amount of sex that has gone on between men in the military, across time, is a fair bit. Now that there are more women in the military, I'd bet it goes on with women, too. There was a film entitled "Biloxi Blues" where a furtive homosexual encounter in this comedy-drama about the U.S. army was one of the subplots ... and a big deal. Naturally, during the witch hunt, there's no way they would have ever cast the hottest guy among the soldiers living in that barrack as the one who partook. Instead, as the story went, he went on to have 6 kids!

15. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this is a rule in the sims games and i really like it everyone fall in love with each other !

16. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I'd agree in many cases that heterosexuals can be flexible, and actually yes, it does go on with straight women too, at least in prison. But what I'm saying is that if everyone was innately bisexual and 'becomes' straight/gay through the environment, then it doesn't really explain why exclusive homosexual people exist in homophobic environments where the same-sex is not available, or not "legally" available. Or why asexuals exist in our society which forces sex on us.

And I do agree that if we were all exclusively straight (or gay) and either men or women disappeared off the planet entirely (or simply weren't available) 90% of people would still probably leave their orientation for simply sex. I probably wouldn't be one of them though, nobody could pay me enough to want to touch a man or a male organ lol

17. mindthegap

No, I don't think so. I have a lot of straight friends who would NEVER have anything romantic/sexual with the same sex.