1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever Changing Sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Stargate, May 5, 2008.

1. Stargate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So for a while now I've been sure I'm bisexual. I've had a couple straight relationships, none with guys (mostly because I dont think my frinkin town has one). But I just had a conversation with one of my guy friends (straight) who knows about Prom and how I should go...blah blah blah. Anyways I was thinking to myself the only way I would go is if I found someone to go with and it would have to be a girl cause I'm just not ready yet to come out. Then I started thinking why cant I figure out any girl to take, I mean I know a lot of girls and I couldnt pick even one. So then it just hit me that I dont like girls anymore. As soon as I thought of this I texted my best friend and she said she wasn't suprised and had guessed I was gay and not bi for a while.

I just wanted to get other peoples take on this, am I alone in this or is this normal?

2. Alexander

It's definitely normal to have a fluid sexuality, especially during teen years and even later for some people. There are people here who are only just recognizing that they are gay or bi at 30 and older, but then there are also people here who are 13 and absolutely sure they're gay. If you've transitioned from bi to gay, you're probably settling into your orientation. But jsut go with the flow - in a few more years you might like women again :grin:

Welcome to EC btw. :slight_smile:

3. MeskElil

absolutely. sexuality is an ever-changing thing. i was sure i was straight about three years ago, then i started thinking that i might be bi. i thought i was full-on lesbian for a while...but then i realized that i had two crushes--each on a best friend, a guy and a girl. so i'm pretty sure i'm bi. but hey, i could change with the wind. and so can you. but if you moved steadily from bi to gay, then you're probably just settling (as said above...oops). but hey, lots of people here are confused. :icon_bigg it's why we're here! but good luck (*hug*) and tell me about how it's coming, okay? go ahead and p.m. me. and welcome to E.C. :smilewave

4. NoLeafClover

As time goes on, I'm seeing how the idea of an ever changing sexuality fits more and more into my life. Not just on the level of Gay/Straight/Bi, but with the little details as well. I know that I'm through and through attracted to men, but I'm definitely not attracted to the same type of men that I was attracted to years ago.

I think the more I learn about people, and the more I see them in different ways, the more changes there are to my sexuality. These changes are pretty subtle I think, but for me it's evidence enough to justify for myself that I will not always be the way I am today, and that is an encouraging thing in the greater scheme of things, IMO.

5. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Yeah, I'm a believer in the fluid sexuality model too. How could it be set in stone? Everything about you changes as you develop and there's no reason why your orientation should be set in stone from birth. I feel like my orientation has maybe changed or perhaps will someday, so you're definately not alone.

6. David

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that sexuality is fluid. Everyone is mildly bisexual in my opinion, because we're not attracted to genders. We're attracted to people. Some people could be gay because they like what men have to offer as people, or vice versa for straights. It's not that you're gay, it's that you don't like any of the girls you know. Of course, I could also be completely wrong and you are gay. You decide.