Do you think you're attractive?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrSecret, Aug 23, 2015.

1. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    10/10 to anyone with eyes. :badgrin:

I'd rank myself somewhere between 6-7, personally.

2. CyanChachki

I get glimpses of it, but no, not really.

3. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I lost about 20 pounds, I'd be very attractive. I have a pretty face and hair.
    I've put on 30 pounds in the last 4 years. Common side effect with my meds.
    Better than being a supermodel in the hospital.

4. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To be honest, I think I'll wait until I'm in my 20's before deciding. Because even though I'm almost 18, I still haven't stopped growing yet. I have this fantasy in my head that I'm gonna turn 20 and suddenly become some uber hot model and I can show off my ugly duckling transformation photos xD

5. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eh like 4/10
    I feel I'm a tiny bit overweight, like 10 pounds maybe. It isn't horrible but I want to lose a little weight. People tell me I overthink it but whatever. My hair is super thick, so it's a big pain to even look presentable, even though it's only shoulder-length. There are some days when I'm like, "I look atrocious" and others when I'm like, "who's that sexy thing in the mirror?" Y'all know how it is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Always...

[​IMG]

The reality is, I don't look how I feel -- that is pretty crushing. But I would rather focus on working towards fixing this, as opposed to pouting in a corner and wasting time.

I may not have curves or softer skin, but I can have them. Someday, just not today. In the meantime, savor the good things about myself: charm, modesty consideration, cleverness, an affinity for kittens, and wit. There's a lot more I could list, but I am also very humble confident.

I may not be attractive in the way I'd prefer, but that doesn't mean I cannot be attractive in the way another does. If I stayed focused on my inability to "pass", there isn't very many people who would say, "OMG! NEEDZ DA DRAMAZ IN MAH LIFE!", and the ones who do say that -- newsflash, they're only going to drag you down.

Anybody worth having in your life will acknowledge struggle. Some of us struggle with our sexuality, some of us with our bodies, some of us with money, some of us with co-workers, some of us with being thought 'too this' or 'too that', some of us with higher education, some of us with just basic education, and so on and so forth. Perfection is cute, in theory, but you'll only die frustrated and wasted actually pursuing it.

Some struggles are more universal, so naturally they'll have a larger lottery for bonding. In exchange for a greater chance of finding somebody, you gain a much deeper bond, if and when it does happen. It's easier thought than experienced, but it is a fair balance I'd say. Not everybody, outside of this forum, understands, let alone has a more-than-social media-knowledge of trans-anything. I accept that, I have to, and move on. I'm too damn funny not to keep cracking dumb puns, too damn witty not to keep exchanging quips, and too damn sexy not to work on going from 'sexy' to 'sexiest'.

"That's really uplifting and all, Kaiser, but where are you going with this?"
    Aside from radiating a positive influence to others, which draws them in like moths, there is this tidbit of observational wisdom:

You don't necessarily have to be the most attractive, you only have to think you are -- because too many people believe less of themselves.​

^.~

#26 Kaiser, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  7. Cedar

Not in the slightest.

8. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    7/10
    Personally I like the way I look. I have a nice face. My body could be better, if I tried maybe working out, but I don't want to join a gym.

I do have the same problem as the OP looking better in the mirror than I do in photos - I guess my body isn't as photogenic as my face. I don't have big muscles to reflect the light and create sexy shadows around my body, I'm not toned or sculpted, but i have no deformities or unpleasant skin conditions so I can't complain. I do have a lot of bodily hair, but then I find bodily hair attractive on other men, so it would be silly if I gave myself a low rating.

The only part of my body I'm really unhappy about is my scrawny wrists. But there are times when skinny wrists are an advantage, like if something rolls underneath the dresser!(!) :lol:

#28 Devil Dave, Aug 23, 2015
  9. lemons123

I'd do my best to Troll...something I haven't done in a while:

saying that I am attractive will be an understatement. I am not just attractive, I am SUPER hot. I am the way to happiness, I can unite cultures, I bring piece.
    When people tell me "you're hot", I don't reply with "thank you", I reply with "No sh*t" - because it's so damn obvious that I am hot, it's like "tokyo is in japan".

On another note, I feel very much tempted to troll in another forum as a "primitive eastern european guy who had slept with lots of women in western europe" - which is what some people there want me to say...but yeah too bored these days for such things.

10. TheClosetsTight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm around a 3/10. I'm pretty overweight and I'm not very attractive, but people don't uncrontrollably vomit upon seeing me so that must count for something lol

#30 TheClosetsTight, Aug 23, 2015
  11. RainOnVII

I don't really know...average, like 5 or 6?

I'm 5'4.5 and just a little underweight. I've been complimented on my smooth cheeks (which is weird, since I kind of have baby cheeks), my eyes (they're just dark brown?) my body (I have kinda-there abs?), and my figure (which is proportional???). Yeah, physical attractiveness makes no sense where I'm concerned.

My downsides are probably my eyebags and my messy black hair. I like messy cuts though :icon_sad: . And that I can't be bothered about shaving (there's not much to shave off in the first place. What? And my culture rarely shaves anyway, though I still feel embarrassed...).

Also, same as OP. I look different in a mirror, and I run away from cameras (that jab's at you, father!).

#31 RainOnVII, Aug 23, 2015
  12. Burnedcloset

Is say I'm about a 4/5 to me. My face is asymmetrical and it really makes me feel unattractive. My body is very awkward.

I have a lot of insecurities. And I can take a good picture of myself. So it makes me feel fake.

13. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'm pretty cute lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I've become such a narcissist since I've been getting catcalled and hit on by random guys a lot recently, and even though it's kind of rude and uncomfortable, I guess it's pretty flattering lol :lol:

I've struggled so much with my self esteem throughout my life, but I've made so much progress this year with therapy and stuff and I'm pretty proud of myself. It's kind of nice to be okay with what you look like. :slight_smile:

You guys are all so mean to yourselves though!! I'm sure you're all pretty cute in person, you just don't know it! :love:

#33 rhapsodic, Aug 23, 2015
  14. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm gonna be modest, and only say 8 out of 10. =p It may not be in the most typical way, but I think it works.

I could lose maybe 5 or 10 pounds, but overall, I'm happy with my looks, especially as I've gotten older, which I attribute to my Sicilian genes. Or at least those are the ones I feel have been the secret.

#34 HuskyPup, Aug 23, 2015
  15. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Is that you there in the picture?
    'Cause you ain't looking bad to me.

16. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    From a pure looks standpoint, I would say if I lost 10 pounds, I could be a 9 or 10 in my opinion. However, even if people initiate things with me, I have never taken advantage of this. I think I'm probably just scared of investing time into someone when most relationships don't work out. I need to get over this. I almost never put myself into vulnerable situations.

As of today, if I get the right angle of a camera shot, I could be an 8 or 9. On an average day without anything special, I'm probably an 8. No, I'm not muscular at all, but I think I look decent. Or at least my smile makes people smile?

Sorry if this sounds narcissistic but I think I look good at some angles. Other angles, I am probably like a 6 or 7. I can't stand looking at some angles of me. :icon_redf

I've not seen anyone on EC, male or female, less than 5, so not sure why people are ranking themselves so low. (&&&)

17. ThatFrostyGuy

If I got a nice haircut, got my jaw fixed (I have a severe overbite so I look very ugly from the side) and it was socially acceptable for me to wear makeup of some kind to cover up my blotchy skin, then honestly I'd rate my head a 7/8, though I'm skinny so I'd need to improve my body.

BUT, no-one has ever complemented my appearance or called me cute/handsome etc. so I'm pretty sure I'm delusional. My delusion gives me false hope though.

18. PokeGleek

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Body wise, I would give my self a 7, but face wise, I would give myself a 4, maybe a 5, but that's stretching it a little. It doesn't hurt that I'm 6'.

You know how when people gain weight, it all goes to their thighs or their stomach area. Well, mine goes to my face. I just hate having big cheeks that every relative wants to pinch and I just feel fat from my face most of the time. Ahh, so many insecurities. Other then that, I feel that overall I'm a 5.

19. DeadheadPride

Personality: 9/10
    Looks: 6/10
    :lol:

20. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Look like a 7 feel like a 3.