1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think being LGBT is major or nothing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EndlessMusic, Sep 1, 2011.

1. RaeofLite

It is and it isn't.

I think it is because it's made me more accepting of others. It has also made me more reflective towards myself, and I think about how I make people feel and their opinions first (since I've been bullied and outcasted) and I don't like making people feel that way in turn. It has also made me cherish my friends because I know they accept me for who I am, no matter who I am attracted to. Since discovering it, it has also broken and family back together because they took it really badly but are ok with it now. And finally, it is because I sometimes have to bite my tongue when I'm trying to figure out if a woman 'swings that way'.

It isn't because it's just a portion of the pie that makes up my life. :slight_smile:

2. Aya McCabre

Both. It's not important because most of my friends are lgbtetc. I can count on one hand the number of friends I have who aren't. Society in general is pretty accepting in the areas where I am.... we occasionally get kicked out of some bars and there's the ever-present issue of guys wanting to take advantage (though what they want to take advantage of I'm not sure)..... but all of that applies to all of my friends as well, so it doesn't seem out of the ordinary.

Having said that..... it seems to have taken over my life. I started the year going to regular meetings with one group, and I'm in the process of starting a splinter group after a disagreement with the first one. I've apent more on travel this year than I ever have before.... and it's mostly queer-related. I've signed dozens if not hundreds of petitions this year. I have a pride flag on my wall, a pride tattoo on my hip and I have plans to dye my hair rainbow when i can afford the dye. When I think about it, there really isn't much in my life that isn't somehow linked to the LGBTTFAIQ community. So..... it's kinda everything. But at the same time it's nothing because everyone I know is the same, or supportive, or just indifferent. It changed everything..... but amongst my friends it changes nothing.

3. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Modern societies make it into a big thing because it's something that was taboo until rather recently. It shouldn't be a big thing, but it is.