1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think "bad boys" are more appealing than "nice guys" ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Devil Dave, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Ntina21

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not exactly sure about the definition of a bad guy, but for sure someone who you may think of as a 'bad' guy then yes he is more appealing :slight_smile:

2. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No not at all but a lot of people seem to believe it for some reason. But hey if they want to deal with the consequences then so be it lol

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think "bad boy" is a built-in look that gets positive reinforcement and then an attitude that comes with that develops. A person who doesn't have those sorts of looks can't develop that same kind of attitude and pull it off. If we wanted to use examples, I could see someone like a younger Matt Dillon easily pulling it off while Eminem is sort of a stretch. These "bad boys" tend to hook up with other "bad boys," from what I've seen.

I think there is a demand for them and they know it. It doesn't mean it's a good thing. They often mess up their own lives and can mess up the lives of people who get involved with them. Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean you can't read the menu. It's better to leave it at that.

4. Fiera

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Used to think I was a nice guy until I saw what it means on the internet. Now I just refer to myself as a good person. I'm not a rude, jerky, a-hole, but I've found someone who loves me and has been with me for over 20 years. That makes me believe it's just on each individual. Somebody may want the "challenge" of changing a bad boy or find them intriguing, while others don't want the headache. I don't think one is more desired than the other, but what do I know.

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm thinking that, if we are talking about men, it's a feather in the cap to score with one. If we are talking about women, they may want to help them, or tame them. I read some articles on this. I don't know why that is. I have a friend and I saw a photo of her mom when she was younger on her Facebook page and this woman was very attractive. I'm sure she didn't have a problem getting attention, or even getting offers. She decided to marry a guy who had created a lot of train wrecks and he wound up damaging the lives of my friend and her mother. The mother never remarried, but he did. He was married a lot of times! If you google the attraction to "bad boys," there are many articles about why they are attractive written from a woman's point of view. Okay, some of those traits described might be there, but nowhere does it say why it would be worth it or when it has gone south. That means it's "pie in the sky."

I may be polite and agreeable most of the time, but one bad thing about it is that some people misinterpret politeness for being available or accessible. It's just politeness for the sake of doing the right thing. The people who push this envelope haven't been people I'd want to know. It's a fine line between being nice enough and slightly jerky to look out for yourself.

6. Djoii

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I visually appear as a bad boy and that actually hinders me getting down and dirty. I am a nice guy who is sensual, passionate and mutually pleasing. So I am am both so to speak.

7. Milquetoast

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Fascinating. I lean more hetero than homo and am extremely attracted to bad girls. The reasons do not include protection but do include abandon, risk-taking and the not necessarily true assumption she would be really hot in bed. With respect to guys it is bad guy twinks, again not for protection but for abandon and adventure

8. Milquetoast

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Amen to politeness being misunderstood