Do you smoke?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RueBea85, Mar 10, 2013.

1. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

I used to smoke. A pack a day. Quit Dec 31, 2009 and haven't smoked since!

2. leer

am working on ways around this at the moment jelly beans are a Favorite at the moment .

3. tulman

Started in 7th grade like most my age at the time. Eventually I smoked Camels with no filters because it was known as a "man's cigarette". Even kept the pack rolled up in the sleeve of my white T shirt. The look went well with my '55 Chevy and the sound of its dual glass pack mufflers. Hey, it was the 60s, OK?
    Started paying attention to the warnings and switched to filtered cigarettes, then Lites.
    Then I decided to quit----3 times. First for a year, then smoked for a year, then quit again for two years. Then smoked again for another year. "Third time is a Charm" as the saying goes. Quit the last time in '78 and haven't smoked since. Every time I quit it was cold turkey. Every time I started again I was hanging out in a smoke filled neighborhood bar, shooting pool, drinking too much beer, and I asked some guy for a cigarette. Next thing you know you're buying a pack and it's all over.
    Here's another sign of the times. In high school we would buy cigarettes at a gas station. No problem buying at age 15 or 16 back then. And, are you ready for this one? They were twenty five cents a pack. Gas was thirty cents a gallon. Cars didn't have seat belts. No problem finding someone to buy beer for you either. Eventually we learned which bars cared how old we were and which ones didn't. It was actually legal to have a good time and we somehow lived through it all without guvmint protection.

4. AKTodd

Nope, never. I grew up during the first big wave of anti-smoking campaigns so view it as pretty much slow suicide.

Have dated two guys who smoked some, but not a lot. Didn't really mind it from a kissing perspective, but probably would have pushed for them to quit from a health perspective had things gone anywhere.

5. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes when Im drinking I will bum cigarettes off people.

6. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :eusa_danc You're awesome. :slight_smile:

7. Emberstone

I don't. mainly for the same reason I dont drive drunk, I dont suck on the end of loaded guns, and I dont juggle fragile vials of anthrax cultures; I dont want to shorten my life.

8. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yes i smoke and so what? my lungs my choice ... any one has problem with that? well i dont really care

9. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh my...such animosity. :frowning2:

10. newgirl31

Hehe..I thought this thread would be annoying but it is actually pretty awesome.

Yes, I currently smoke. I started 2 years ago while I was trying to quit drinking and smoking pot as those addiction were leading to suicidal depression. Yesterday was my year and a half anniversary for not drinking. I have a month longer sobriety from weed...smoking is the next thing.

First things first though. I live with my parents still and they smoke...when I tried to quit last time I got squirrelly and a drink was sounding nice since I had to stay in my room 24/7. I do get freaked by those commercials though. Congrats to all those who gave it up or never did! :eusa_danc

11. Cthulhu

Never smoked nor do I plan to.

12. Nyanko

No. I don't like the smell.

13. Matt1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I only ever smoke if i am extremely stressed which has been a lot lately. It is a horrible habit though but it helps calm me down.

14. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tried a cigarette once. It was not an experience I care to repeat.

15. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    its always in your face sort of thing...

here in australia, we have plain packaging for smokes and every 2nd commercial is about smoking, and people who come up to you and say stuff about smoking like they know you and shizz... so put your self in my shoes lady and you'll know so, just let vent ok?

thank you :thumbsup:

16. ameliawesome

i do indeed. i keep saying i'm not going to buy another pack, but then i get down to the last cig and buy another pack. my biggest weakness is smoking while driving, ugh i need to smoke while i drive!

17. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Although I don't smoke, I never got why people shoved their opinions on people who do. More than once I've heard someone tell a smoker that it's bad for them, or that they're stupid for doing it. Those people seriously piss me off.

18. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank You !!!!!!!!
    for understanding where im coming from.... all smokers know what the concequences are and we dont need some one else in our facing telling us... coz i just blow the smoke in their face and tell them 2nd hand smoking kills too and they should f##k off:grin:

19. leer

this made me laugh bum means something a little different in the uk :badgrin:

20. Akatosh

I enjoy a cigarette every now and then, but don't never crave them. Smoking is gross though. I haven't smoked a cigarette in maybe 4 months, and when I'm around them now they're so foreign that it offends my senses.