1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have a certain type ?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Red1, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Red1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm quite masculine, do weight training etc and am into feminine men. I suppose it's like the attraction between butch and feminine lesbians. Though I like some aspects of femininity such as my partner in lingerie, I do not feel the same connection and tenderness with a woman as I get with feminine gay men. Flirting never mind dating a woman would be totally uncomfortable for me.

So am wondering, who is your type ? Masculine muscle men ? Camp guys ? Fem guys ? Or just men in general ?

2. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bi woman here - I like tall, broad, muscular guys. Big arms, pecs, abs, thighs. That look really does it for me. Although it is only recently that I've started to like things like chest hair and a bit of a beard. But I do like long dark hair on a guy too. Jason Momoa from Game of Thrones is probably the ultimate male physique for me.

With women I'm a lot less picky. I mostly prefer fem girls, the pretty girl look I have a big weakness for, but I like the edgy, androgynous look on women too. I appreciate women who are into fitness and put a lot of work in, lean and muscular is good but not too muscular that it detracts from the femininity. A toned belly/abs really hits the spot! Nicole Coenen on Youtube definitely scores highly for me, I'd love to have her physique but I'm a lot smaller built than her. I like tall girls too, long legs are a big plus. But although short/skinny guys don't really do anything for me, I quite like it in a woman. The girl I'm seeing at the moment is only 5ft tall, tiny waist, slim thighs, she's not at all muscular, naturally very small/skinny build and she is just sizzling hot to look at. It helps she has great boobs but even without them she'd still be super hot.

#2 JT1999, Dec 9, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
    Red1 likes this.
  3. Saskia96

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As a pansexual, I like it when the line between masculine and feminine blurs. A general plus for me are people that are taller than me, do have tattoos, and have short hair. Punk/Goth/Emo aesthetics also are great.

When it comes to women, I generally like shorter hair and muscular bodies, a good example is Sophie Arvebrink, but she comes close to the point where its too muscular. But all that isn't a must for me. Laura Jane Grace or Brody Dalle I consider very attractive too.
    When I think of pretty men, I like more feminine looking ones, I don't really like beards or much body hair. But I like it when they have a little bit longer hair than most, like Henrik Linder.

Red1 likes this.
  4. Red1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Interesting, you like tall muscular guys and if you don't mind me saying, feminine women mostly (though you mentioned you like androgynous women too). I thought I was a bit picky, but that's the reason I started the discussion. Because I wasn't into men in general and I can admire the beauty of a woman, it took me a long time to realise I was gay. But once I started to experiment with my desires I began to realise feminine men were my passion. Thanks for your reply.

Saskia96 and JT1999 like this.
  5. Red1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good luck to you, but tattoo's etc don't do it for me !!!

6. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah I think maybe it’s a bi thing, I am into masculinity and femininity both, and mixing the two doesn’t tend to do it for me, although I’ll say there have on rare occasions been some exceptions to that.

So a big hunky square-jawed guy isn’t your cup of tea then?

Red1 likes this.
  7. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The Punk/emo aesthetic I like on women, it’s very sexy especially on someone who would be attractive even without it. On guys it can be hot too, Glenn Danzig in his prime, mmmmmm.

I had to Google for Sophie Arvebrink, can’t believe I’ve never heard of her before. I know what you mean, she is impressive but comparing some of her different photos over the years, I think she has gone a bit too far with size and muscularity. So can men too - I’m not a fan of the body-builder look on guys, 6% bodyfat or whatever and seeing every vein. Once someone starts looking unnatural it starts being unattractive for me.

Saskia96 and Red1 like this.
  8. Red1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No square-jawed guys are not my type I'm an athletic build myself, not a bodybuilder, train in the gym doing weights, treadmill. The masculine type don't do it for me, I don't want to be 'with myself' if you can understand that. But gay men often take the role of the "top" and "bottom" when it comes to sex. And my fem partner seems happy enough with the role of bottom. I think he also enjoys that I was once straight acting but has converted me to the joys of gay sex. As a former straight acting guy, he thinks I know how to treat him more feminine than life long gay men.

#8 Red1, Dec 10, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
    Steff and Contented like this.
  9. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bi guy here I like both fem guys and fem girls but not too fem women if that makes sense

10. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah I know what you mean. Before I met my boyfriend I wouldn't have said big, muscular guys were my type, but since we've been together I've really learned to appreciate that in a guy. If someone has clearly been putting in the work, that's attractive to me. It's a huge contrast to being with a woman and also a pretty big contrast to the guys I was with when I was 16, before I discovered women. Feeling the power and strength in his body is a big turn on, and he likes showing off. When we've been to festivals I always get a good view from sitting on his shoulders and he never gets tired!

I'm pretty athletic myself - I've been a gymnast since primary school so am used to training on rings, parallel bars etc, and I've done a lot of running too, I used to do fell-running and cross country in my teens and was pretty competitive at that, probably thanks to being skinny, and then the last few years I've been hitting the weights and focussing on my diet, I've put on about 4kg and I'm much stronger - it doesn't sound a lot but I can bench 40kg for 10 reps, I weigh about 51-52kg. I do pull ups, press ups, dips and sit ups daily as well as stretches. Maintaining and improving strength, body composition etc is a high priority for me. I'm actually looking into doing some PT qualifications at the moment as I think it'd be a good line of work for me.

Red1 likes this.
  11. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Having a "type" feels a bit douchy to me to be honest. Not to say I don't find certain features and people more and less attractive, but to strictly define people by a set of characteristics and flat out reject anybody who falls outside these feels wrong to me.

12. Saskia96

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't know if I misunderstood the term, but in my understanding, "having a type" doesnt mean you only want a person that ticks all the boxes and reject anyone else. It's simply what i consider more attractive. My "type" would be out of my league anyways.

LlouW and Red1 like this.
  13. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's not something you can really have a control over, but people do get too stuck in their ideals as well. I wouldn't go as far and call them a douche though.

The person I fell for isn't anywhere near my ideal type. It's quite the opposite.

With this all you never know, but it's okay to fantasize as long as it don't go out of hand.

Red1 and Saskia96 like this.
  14. Red1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My "type" is who I find attractive, I don't have to pretend to be interested in anyone else.

Aelin56 likes this.
  15. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    +1

I've been on the receving end of "sorry you're not my type" and been turned down by girls for the crime of being bisexual, it sucks but its fair enough. If people are certain they know what they want, it's probably a good thing. At least it doesn't waste anyone's time. My only criteria are that I find someone attractive and we have chemistry. What I find attractive some people might think is shallow, but health & physical fitness in my experience is a good indicator that someone is motivated, disciplined, energetic, looks after themselves etc. All the things I'd want a partner to be, and also someone who'll push me to be the best I can be too.

Intelligence & humour are high on the list too, but I put that in with chemistry and consider attractiveness in the purely physical sense.

#15 JT1999, Dec 11, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
    Red1 likes this.
  16. Aelin56

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm really into feminine men, those with long curly hair and wearing heels and corsets. I can see how masculine men are objectively attractive, but I don't feel attracted to them like I'm attracted to feminine men.

When it comes to women, I'm also more into feminine ones, but I'm not into Barbie type girls. I prefer a more alternative kind of femininity. I also like androgynous women, but I'm not into ones that are very masculine and look like men.

I love alternative people in general, regardless of gender. Alternative fashion, black eyeshadow, tattoos and piercings always do it for me.

But in the end, it's personality that matters the most. I like sensitive, kind and artistic people. Being a leftist is also super attractive. I like people who share my values and beliefs.

Red1 and Saskia96 like this.
  17. Red1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes health and fitness is a good sign of self esteem and awareness. Not only in relationships but in attitudes to a career, study etc My partner is not the sporting type, but as they are naturally thin and girlie they don't have to be.

18. Red1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Though it was slow to start, this discussion is becoming picking up. We all have our own desires and type, interestingly among bi woman so far they tend to like fem and androgynous women. I know from reading other threads some gay men are REALLY into masculine guys, but not so far on this discussion.

Aelin56 likes this.
  19. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I'm naturally thin and girlie and I love anything sporty :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you think body type is a factor in whether someone ends up being the bottom or top? Like the guys that are taller & bigger built tend to default into the role of the top and vice versa?

20. Red1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes the masculine guy is usually the top, fem guy the bottom. Sometimes some guys like both positions, they describe themselves as "versatile".