1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you find yourself attractive?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Virgo, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Intrinsicallyme

Honestly, I find myself very attractive. If a clone of myself in any state walked up and asked if I was dtf, my answer would be a resounding "YES." That's not to say I don't have flaws, I just think they're overshadowed by my awesomeness.

2. Andronas

I dislike having pictures taken of me. I don't like looking at myself in mirrors most of the time.

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow. I am EXACTLY this way. I am not self-conscious when I'm just sitting there in a place or going about my business, but the minute someone aims a camera at me or I'm about to get caught in a candid or panoramic photo someone is taking, I bolt out of the way. Within the last 5 years, I went to a $5 church pot luck dinner after the service at a church I went to intermittently at that time, and there was a regular church member with his camera taking photos of the event. He points the camera at me as I'm walking away from loading up my plate with food. I told him "NO" several times and was ready to give him the finger. I don't think he got a picture of me in the end. That was disrespectful, given that he was told "NO" quite firmly. I was not even a registered member of that congregation.

This makes me wonder about what's going on in the heads of those who post nonstop photos of themselves (some are attractive but others would beg the question, "Are they?") and those who are photophobic, either because they have this phobia without it being warranted or they have gotten feedback that they are not attractive on an ongoing basis.

I guess this definitely explains that I'm not one of those people that is in love with themselves.

4. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well then I'm gonna join the crowd of mirror (and camera) haters!... well what can they do other than show me my face, which I definitely don't like, but it's fine by me if someone else liked it. And usually at this point, people go ahead and tell me to accept myself, otherwise I can't expect others to accept me. Sorry but no. How would anyone know I have this problem without me saying? Meh, I feel a lot of my problems would go away with mutual understanding, helping and being helped, loving and being loved.

I admit that I looked 10 times worse before my diet and losing a lot of weight, but it's just not what I see when I look at other people. I guess I'm a stranger to myself because in everyday life I'm used to seeing all the different faces, but my own.

My personality I guess one could find attractive if they like someone who they can share their philosophical thoughts with, and dislike human stupidity with. I'm open to just about anything that's not the trendy, media-driven stuff. I have no idea why I'm suddenly talking about this, could be that I generally feel attraction based on personality and looks contribute less. I believe I would call myself demisexual if I wanted yet another label

5. iiimee

Besides the slight acne, I think my face is pretty awesome. I am sometimes told I am ugly, but I think I look pretty good-looking... If only I looked more male. :slight_smile:

6. LiquidSwords

Nahh 3/10 definitely wouldn't

7. poopledum

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Pretty good looks-wise. Personality needs some work though.

8. PrairieRachel

9. Zombi3

Sometimes.. But I have sinus issues, so my face is puffy most of the time :frowning2:

10. Obscura13

Out Status:
    Some people
    I get an erection if I stare at my own body for too long so yes I find myself attractive. No, I am not even joking.

It's not as if I'm a narcissist and think I'm the hottest person in the world or anything. I just can't resist being horny when I look at myself.

I think everyone should be able to find themselves attractive.

11. Kat 5

12. White Knight

I am okay with looking at myself and sometimes enjoy examining my features.

However other part of your post...

God I hate that with a passion. Especially if people try to make me pose... I find it dull, stupid and fake. Results usually feel like I am looking picture of someone else... Sooo not my pourd moments but I might be known for my threats of bodily harm to people who tried to picture me.

*hint, hint* This is why you never see a picture in my profile page...

13. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I find myself attractive, and i can look at myself at the mirror and actually smile and feel arrogant... On the other hand im not confident about my social skills... So i view myself as awkard hot guy. Its weird, normally people who are not confident about something in their personality also are insecure with their looks.

14. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I'm not alone.

15. brooklin

brooklin Guest

I don't think I'm half bad :wink:

16. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

Not attractive enough. I like certain features of mine (I have cute eyebrows! :lol:slight_smile:, and some features I hate (OK, a lot). I'm a bit more confident with my body than a few weeks to a few months ago, so I don't think I'm a totally lost cause. My personality on the other hand is not something anyone would call attractive, at least from my own perspective.

17. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes, it depends...

18. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Yeah, when I'm in a healthy mood and look at pictures of myself, I don't think I look half bad... I look at my high school pictures now, and I'm like I'd have done me back then.

I mostly think, why didn't I have this self-confidence way back when. I believe it's because I never put myself out there (lack of confidence and shyness,) so I never got feedback on my looks.

Now, men and women are expressing interest in me that I've never had before (on dating sites.) That makes me feel so good. Other people dig me. :grin: And not just cause I've got a large (!)

19. im okay, im not the best, not the worst. but ill do.