1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you feel changes when the season changes?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ErinH1, May 31, 2023.

1. ErinH1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello! Whenever the season changes, my friends say that life begins with a "new leaf". Do you think so too?
    I do not feel drastic changes, except for spring and summer. Because I have seasonal allergies and I stay at home all day. But I'm not sad because I found entertainment that I like and help me have a great time. For example, one of these is free online game and this is where I spend most of my time. Sometimes in the evenings I go out for a walk, but I try to do it near a lake or a river (for some reason, the allergy is not so strong there). Do any of you have seasonal allergies or any other allergies at all? How are you coping?
    P.S. injections and pills do not help me.

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe I do. I've lived in a few different places and it shows up in different ways. Spring is a little rough for me. Summer, too. Places that are very dry mess with me more than moist places.

I take a loratidine (Claritin) at bedtime. I wake up with less stuff in my nose or sinuses, so it seems to help.

I thought the thread was about how the seasons affect us. I feel better in the fall, followed by summer. I love fall. I'm on the fence with spring. Winter is harder on me ... I can enjoy it to focus on more intellectual things or for what it can look like now and then, but it's more problematic for depression than it is for any allergies.

3. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    To replay belatedly to this: yes, I do.

It doesn't matter what change of season it is but I always feel melancholy on the day when that change first properly manifests itself in terms of weather. I put it down to the 'ache of time passing', the knowledge that change is inherent and whilst it is often painful, it is necessary.

Beth