1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you agree with stereotypes about countries with the hottest men/women?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lemons123, Feb 6, 2015.

1. lemons123

I'd also want to add that said stereotypes vary greatly by country.

For instance, one think I've noticed is how in the "Anglosphere" there is very popular stereotype that British men are sexy but that's not popular image in eastern europe where most women are dying to date Italian/Spanish men or basically anyone with brown eyes who is fluent in Spanish and lives in a place with many palms...

It also seems to be popular among American men to head to South East asia for "mail order brides" or Ukraine (for the same manner)...though again Ukraine falls in the 'italians are-sexy' group of preference.

Said observations are mostly based on what I've heard from straight folks, but surely they're the same and among bisexual and gay.

2. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think a lot of people are attracted to something that is perceived as foreign, exotic or different to what they are used to. Spanish men are darker skinned, with darker hair and darker eyes, with a 'Latin' flare that might appeal to people in Eastern Europe because it's something different. It's like people with blonde hair and blue eyes are treated very nicely when they go to places like the Middle East or South East Asia.

3. lemons123

^ Most likely. I've also lived in the middle east for a while (dubai, 3 years) and many people there...usually straight guys had an obsession with blonds "from the north" (Germany, Scandinavia etc.). Personally I've never prefered blond over dark hair...well when I was 10 and had a crush on Pamela Anderson but this doesn't count :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

4. maselalala

I shouldn't but I do

5. ChameleonSoul

I know there's beautifulpeople all over the world, but guys from Spain and Australia... :love:

6. jaina

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Stereotypes about what country's have the sexiest men/women are dumb it all depends on what your prefises are.

7. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always think Japanese and Korean girls are very cute. ♥ All of them that I've seen have always been so adorable~! ^.^

It's a matter of personal preference. People do tend to look different in different countries, so maybe we just see the traits we like in people from a certain place. Like, I'm sure my interest in dark-haired girls causes me to prefer Japanese and Korean girls. ^^

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Agree on the no thanks to Hugh Grant.

How about British men who look like Trent Reznor? I've seen quite a few who have his look and I assumed he was, since he's a popular musician with that look, but his bio says he's from ... wait ... Pennsylvania.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Trent+Reznor+68th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+D6qglLPX9MWl.jpg

As for the stereotypes, I don't believe that the men or women might be good or bad at doing one thing or another but I mostly agree on the stereotype that certain countries would be great places for eye candy if a certain "look" is your type. Hell yes.

---------- Post added 7th Feb 2015 at 06:06 PM ----------

What about Greek men? They sort of have the same look. There are palm trees in Greece, too. Why would someone from Eastern Europe require that someone speaks Spanish? That part doesn't make sense.