Could she possibly be interested in me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by rainy30, Jun 18, 2018.

1. rainy30

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There’s a girl at work who started with my company about two months ago. We are in different office spaces, but we regularly cross paths. I have a sneaking suspicion that she might be gay (or bi). I don’t know her well at all, so I could be wrong, but I’m getting a vibe here.

Literally every time I walk past, or if I’m near her area, she turns to look at me and smiles shyly while holding eye contact (for a little too long). She stops what she’s doing and makes an effort to look at me. I’ve never had someone glance at me so much. If I’m near, I often see her look at me through my peripheral vision. More recently, she has started finding any opportunity to make a small conversation with me, even if it’s busy. It’s like she doesn’t want to miss a chance to start a conversation. She seems rather confident, and this has taken me by surprise a bit (as I am quiet/introverted). I’ve already embarrassed myself once by blushing way too hard during our last conversation.

I could be wrong - maybe she’s straight and is just a friendly/eager person. I see her talking to other colleagues a lot too. Yet, why is my gaydar going off? She is quite femme and actually reminds me too much of my ex-girlfriend (and I don’t really want to be reminded of her). However, if I start to feel the heat with this chick, I can’t say I’d necessarily refuse being a little bit naughty with her...

Opinions?

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If she is making an effort to make conversation, I would simply reciprocate and see how things go. At this stage you know next to nothing and only have a vibe, and that's all you will really ever have unless you engage with the small talk and try to get to know her better. It's gonna be a lot more embarrassing and awkward if you keep exchanging glances and gazes with each other from a distance. At least in conversation you have an excuse to look at the other person.

3. Mariana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could keep having these conversations with her and then maybe at some point see if she wants to hang out outside of work - could be just as friends, just getting to know each other. That would give you an opportunity to have a longer conversation and maybe the topic of dating will come up. You could mention that you're into girls, if you're comfortable with that, and see how she reacts. Good luck!