1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out, to friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by KamiKazeM6, May 6, 2005.

1. KamiKazeM6

I am not really out of the closet completely, but am only to my best friends. The reason i came out though was a complicated one. One of my friends admitted she has a crush on me on aim and as soon as she told me she signed off. I freaked out and worried about meeting her the next day. I avoided her that day which was easy because we only see each other in the morning before our homeroom, so i faked that i was late that day in the hopes of talking to her that night. I had a choice: Deny who you really are and go out with her, Admit to her that you are gay, or tell her you are not interested. I loved her to much to lie to her so i told her that i was gay and to my delight she was very understanding and the next day she just gave me a big hug and we have never been closer. She has become the only person i feel i can really be honest too. I have a lot of doubts as well as many other teens and gays and gay teens do. And she is allways there for me as i am for her. However there are still a few subjects i really don't feel comfortable talking about with, mainly dealing with gay lifestlye. From there our best friend thought something was going on between us and we told her what happened. She reacted slightly different then the other girl did. She was just like "Oh.." It took a few weeks to get back to normal with her but now we are great.

2. Aaron

Aaron Guest

Good for you. Use those friends as that support you need to be more open about yourself. You will find that many people will get closer with you because they realize that you are being completely honest with them.