1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College classes for a math major

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sesshomaru, May 29, 2013.

1. Sesshomaru

So it's been a few years now that I've decided that I want to major in math to be a high school Geometry teacher and now I've finally got everything going right so that I can start school on time for once and actually take on a full-time student workload. With that being said, I'm not entirely sure what classes I should be taking. I know a math class is a given and I was able to get into one this past semester so that enrolling for school this year would be a lot easier. I'm trying to keep my current job and have them just keep having me work evenings since that's my basic schedule anyways so all of my classes would be in the morning. I know how going to school full-time and basically working full-time too could be pretty hard so I plan on having them cut my hours a bit and if it seems I can handle it maybe bump them back up.

Anyways, here's a rundown of the schedule of classes I figured would be good. Just need a little pointing in the right direction as to what I already have that's good and perhaps any additional courses I should be on the lookout for. Thanks in advance!

Math 115: MTWH 8:30-9:40

Math 115: TH 1:30p-4:00p

Math 120: MTWH 8-9:10

Psych: 11:10-12:35 TH

American Education: MW 12:45-2:10p

Spanish 1: TH 7:00p-9:30p or 8:00-9:10

English 101: T 9:35-11:00 or M/W 3:30p-5:05p

Public relations: H 7:00p-10:10p

P.S. Times are added because I was too lazy to delete them after making the notepad of it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Also only taking one Math 115 course. Just trying to figure out which time slot would be better.

2. What are the names of the 2 math classes?

3. Sesshomaru

Math 115 is Elementary Algebra and Math 120 is Plane Geometry.