1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i identify as lesbian and still have slight attraction to men?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by xJayx, Jul 23, 2017.

1. xJayx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hello,

i'm very frustrated with my sexuality. i currently identify as somewhere between bisexual and gay, but i can't seem to find one label that would fit. i used to identify as gay until i had a crush on a boy. i've had male crushes in the past when i thought i was straight, but i also used to find the idea of dating a man repulsive. the boy and i got closer, and i identified as bisexual during this time. we dated, but i felt nothing. no butterflies, no happy feelings like the books and songs described relationships as. we broke up shortly after, and now i'm left confused.

currently, i find mostly women attractive. i feel that identifying as gay would suit me best, but i know that i've had attraction to men before and i kinda feel like i'd be lying to myself.

a lot of people say that labels aren't important, but for me personally, i like to have a label. i like to know who i am and i get really frustrated while questioning.

thanks for reading xx
    -jay

2. needyou

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You are too young to label yourself right now. Give it time for your sexual identity to mature. I feel for you to label yourself now may constrain youreslf in what your true sexual identity might be as you age. Experiment with both sexes if you want and in time you will find your answer and if you are still confused i would think that you would fall into the bi spectrum somewhere. And your label may even change as you get into your 20/30/40's.