1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my colleage and my friend yesterday and it went really well :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Rosie, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Rosie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Though I've had a hunch about being physically attracted to girls for 10+ years, it took a long time before I felt remotely comfortable with the 'b'-word. Because of my long journey to formally define my sexuality, and because of the way I've seen bisexual people threaten in and outside my friend groups over the years (hint: they were not always taken seriously), I am always afraid others simply won't believe me, either because they think I'm lying or deceiving myself. Lately I've been making an effort to not lie when asked... and slowly start to actively tell people.

Yesterday I decided to come out to my bisexual colleague while work. I asked him whether we could have a talk for a minute and I managed to say something like "I also like girls". He was completely fine with it and said everyone else at work would probably also be fine with it. I think he didn't really get why it was such an issue for me. But he gave me a hug and honestly it felt really good.

So, I used to be good friends with one of our guests, but time and space kinda drifted us apart, so when (earlier yesterday) he had talked about how his mum found out he was bi, I was kinda surprised. After I came out to my colleague, while I was still in that buzz, I went over to him and went all 'shush shush secret, but I really want to tell you' on him.
    "Yeah, I know," he told me.
    "Whut, but I never told you..."
    "Yeah, but I still knew. Are you sure you never told me?"
    "I'm pretty sure."
    "Oh well, then I must've know because of..."
    And he gave me a - very extensive and solid - list of reasons why he knew.
    He ended with: "Man, I knew you were bisexual before I knew I was bisexual."

I know this is not as important as some of your stories here, but I am still over the moon. :grin: Just the thing I needed to feel even more comfortable with my sexuality. (And in hindsight, I HAVE been dropping hints since as long as I can remember. I don't tell people much about myself, but I'm super easy to read. Always good to hear people got the message. XD)

2. Gen

Gen

I don't see why this story wouldn't be equally as important as the rest of the ones on this forum. Coming out is huge. Congratulation!!