1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body hair

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ampthejazz, Apr 22, 2007.

1. aussie paul

hi all, I'm 52 now and began shaving my face at the age of 14, once a week. By the time I was 16 it was daily. I had a small amount of chest hair in my teens and 20s and 30s, but nothing else apart from hairy arms and legs. So I was happy with my hair because I considered it normal. In the last 15 years or so I've grown a very hairy back and torso. I'm loosing hair on top of my head (getting old now!!) and losing hair on my lower legs too, and 'down below'.
    About shaving or waxing and stuff. Waxing only works on short hair so I need to have my back trimmed short before a wax. I had waxing done 2 or 3 times on my back. Done correctly by a qualified beautician with hot wax, the actual waxing is not too painful. but the week after I have a sore red and sensitive back. ouch!
    So, these days I go to a hairdresser / beautician every 4 to 5 weeks. The hairdresser cuts my hair, spiky on top, then I go into the beauticians' room, remove my shirt, loosen my belt and lay on the couch face down for a back trim. They use barbers' electric trimmers, set on number 1. So, my back hair is trimmed very short. I can do the front myself with my own trimmers. However my wife likes some hair on my chest, so I have to leave it longer there.
    I wish I had thick hair on my head and none on my body.
    Also, have tried that spray on stuff, ouch, too sensitive ! and it stinks.
    I don't like the look of long body hair on me or others.

2. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    im 16 and a few months now and still dont have any hair on my body or under my arms and also no pubic hair yet also. all my family have blonde and red hair and it must just be in the genes that we get hair late. my 13yo brother has red hair and he also doesnt have any hair in these places either

3. Double Dubya

I think that in most cases people want what they don’t have, or the exact opposite of what they do have:eusa_doh: . I started growing hair very late, and I always envied the guys with hairy legs while I had neon-white bare legs lol. My legs aren’t extremely hairy now, but the rest of my hair has caught up with me and I hate it. I don’t shave my legs or pits but I do trim my other hair with electric clippers. When hair gets too long it is uncomfortable, but fuzz is ok I suppose. Plus this way you don’t get razor burn or ingrown hairs:thumbsup: .

4. SpikySpice

you are right. Since I know most Asian dont have chest hair, so I want them. Tho I guess I'm the only one in my family ho has chest hair. It is only little hair, too bare to see, but I can feel it with my finger. Ithink some chest hair make you look hot!
    And one thing I hate is my public hair is too thick, gosh, so I have to trim alot, and they grow back fast

5. No day butoday

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not a bad thing at all. :slight_smile:
    I shave my body sometimes, but my boyfriend has a lot of hair and I don't mind. I think we all just get a little too self-concious sometimes. :icon_wink As long as it doesn't, you know, get in the way, I don't think anyone will mind.

6. JSG

JSG Guest

I love my body hair !! Except back hair, but I don't have any, my father is Spanish so he and his family are pretty hairy. The only place I shave except my face, is my ass.

7. Jerr

My face is so grrr....

Hair grows WAY to fast on it. I just trim it down low like every 3 days... I like the scruffy look.

I have started trimming under my arms... I don't mind hair but I would prefer there not be a jungle when one lifts their arms...

8. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've had to shave my face everyday since I was twelve, but in general I'm not very hairy. I've had some hair on my chest for several years, but it's never really grown out all that much. All the men on both sides of my family aren't very hairy either, so I'm probably going to turn out like them. But I think some hair on a guy is attractive, I wouldn't want a totally shaved guy.

9. TexasRomance

TexasRomance Guest

Um...i dont like being hairy and yeah i do shave but it depends on your skin to whether or not its itchy. Its not itchy for me and personally I like hairy guys but only pubic hair though. Little chest hairs are fine but ass hair is gross. I mean i will still have sex with a guy with ass hair but i will be thinking of it the whole time...
    If you have a bf ask him if he likes hairy guys if he says no then shave a small portion of your body and if it is itchy then just wax.

10. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ya know, I realize you are all guys responding, but I have a question about body hair too. I hate the fact I have hair on my arms, but I am afraid to start shaving it. It seems hair on the body grows so fast, it is hard to keep up with. Also, I am afraid my arm hair will become thicker and darker if I shave it? Any comments.

11. xequar

The thicker and darker thing is an old wives tale based on illusion. When the hair is left alone, the end eventually gets, for want of a better word, worn down, and so looks lighter and thinner. When you shave, you essentially create a stump, so when the hair grows back, it is the same hair, but because it hasn't worn down yet like the original hair had, it looks thicker.

Right now, I am actually letting my chest hair grow back somewhat since I had gotten a bit of razor burn last time I shaved, and I can assure you it is the same amount coming back as when I originally shaved it. I also shave my head now, and rest assured, I do not have new hair growing on my head, either...

12. Swimmerboy

Two words: Body Wax. :lol: J/K To painful. :redface:

13. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I shave my head too. Shaved heads look good to me.

14. aussie paul

hey man, I don't get why a young man would want to shave his head. Enjoy it while you can. But then again, do i tell myself to enjoy the long hair on my back? No! Tomorrow I have an appointment to have a hair cut and my back clippered! PS, the top of my head is quite thin on top but back and sides of my head are thick.

15. Daniel6

i love guys with shaved head:thumbsup:

16. Kimi

Yeah, skinhead guys are hot............................generally:slight_smile:

17. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I shave my head because I honestly like the way it looks and so do all of my friends, so I keep it like that. But I also like it because I have really bad cowlicks in my hair, especially in the front, and it's either I shave it or grow it out, and I hate long hair.

18. TexasRomance

TexasRomance Guest

ew...
    gross
    i cant stand to see someone with a shaved head..
    its like wtf? are you okay?
    if you dont have cancer then freaking leave your hair alone!

19. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I hate my hair! It's going to be shaved until it stops growing out all wierd.

20. SadConfusedBandGeek

lol OMG i couldn't stand to have my hair shaved!!

I <3 MY HAIR!! Lol SOO MUCH! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But if someone doens't like it then get rid of it but personally i wuldn't