Aspergers...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Dave, Aug 22, 2011.

1. MidnightOwl

Your Aspie score: 133 of 200
    Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 71 of 200
    You are very likely an Aspie

[​IMG]

2. aspiecarer

Hi, my partner has Aspergers.
    If anyone has any tips for me how to deal with this I'd welcome your support.

3. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Your Aspie score: 181 of 200
    Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 27 of 200

My friend and I took the test together and she scored: 179 of 200 for Aspie score and 13 (I believe-somewhere in the teens) of 200 for neurotypical score. She's a super Aspie like myself. So happy we're best mates. :grin:

4. aspiecarer

Hi Jim,
    your description really sounds like my partner..
    Makes going out really difficult for us, so if you are on your own I can imagine that it's even more difficult to mix with the 'scene'.
    Gay people are' supposed to be outgoing' and that really freaks my partner out.

5. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

My score said 83 of 200 Aspie and 152 of 200 neurotypical. I was diagnosed with aspergers as a kid but I went to a christian healing service and was healed from it. I was very autistic as a kid but now you wouldnt notice. I still have a few aspie traits like sometimes I dont understand what people might be saying to me and I need them to explain it another way and I'm also quite possessive and clingy in relationships. But thats about it. Pretty neurotypical otherwise

6. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your Aspie score: 176 of 200
    Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 25 of 200
    [​IMG]
    I'm a fellow aspie, so I'm not surprised by this result. But I'm not too sure how accurate this test really is.

#66 Maxis, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  7. cardenio

Your Aspie score: 86 of 200
    Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 143 of 200
    You are very likely neurotypical

[​IMG]

Would anyone be able to suggest some good books about Aspergers? As it happens, a co-worker of mine that I've become fairly close with is an Aspie, and I would love to be able to understand him better. Honestly, I would like to pursue a romantic relationship with him. He's very affectionate with me and he knows how I feel about him, but I'm really clueless about how he feels about me. Yes, I've asked him about it, but he's excellent at evading questions he doesn't want to answer. Even if he doesn't like me in that way, I would still very much like to remain his friend. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be eternally grateful.

8. PatyR

Your Aspie score: 177 of 200
    Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 42 of 200

[​IMG]

9. VyreRain

I guess Im the only person who has no clue what Asperger's is so would you mind explaining this I'm curious......

10. MrB

MrB

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I Also Have Aspergers. Trying To Get My Post Count Up So I Can Message People. There Are Other Ways That Are Much Easier For Me To Communicate Due To My Disabilities But I See The Thing That Says We're Not Allowed To Ask, And I Don't Wanna Get My Ass Banned

11. Hello fellow Aspies!!!

---------- Post added 27th Mar 2014 at 09:07 AM ----------

United in geekdom we stand...

---------- Post added 27th Mar 2014 at 09:18 AM ----------

MrBoddy-I was diagnosed with Aspergers by a panel when younger,but for the time being my diagnosis remains unclear.Aspergers seems to make the most sense and is the most agreed upon however.If you like I could give you some tips.I leave that decision up to you.

12. MrB

MrB

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I Do Try To Go Out. The Internet Is Just So Much Easier

13. Shea

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have classic autism that's a bit on the pronounced side. I have very many online aspie friends and I'm a veteran member of the Wrong Planet autism community.

I like talking about them openly on forums as an autism awareness thing. I even have an ask me thread in another forum.

#73 Shea, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  14. anonym

anonym Guest

I think I could be asperger's. It's a worrying time

15. beagle99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Apologies of sorts for coming across this thread so very late.
    Don't despair. While you are correct in noting the difficulties that Aspies have in relating to so-called "neurotypically normal adults" it is not impossible. My gay lover almost certainly is an Aspie. At first I resented the long periods of silence, the inability to even look at me (which can be so hurtfful for a gay man), his over-sleeping and over-reliance on me financially. After three years we are more strongly bonded than ever. I find his need for me almost addictive. Perhaps in a sense he's my grown-up "baby" and perhaps it is not the romance one reads about in novels or sees in the movies. But it is love of a different name, and it can be real. So I hope you build on your strengths and most of all, don't despair.

16. Marty18

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have just found this thread and I feel I should add my experience too :slight_smile:.

I was also diagnosed with aspergers when I was about 12 years old. I don't remember that time very well but I know that I went through bullyïng, depression and some weird thoughts about world. That was the reason why I started to go to a psychologist/psychiatrics and they gave me antidepressants and a support but it did not work as it should and I finally just "grew up" from it after I changed my school and "started again". Although I am still not allright as I wish I was, it is much better now and I think that I had done a big step in my social skills since those misserable times. But as time passes I doubt more and more that my diagnosis was right. I read a really amazing book about 2 months ago during my coming-out to myself. It is written by a swedish author Inger Edelfeldt and the book is originälly called "Duktig pojke" ("Šikovnej kluk" in Czech, "Good Boy" in English, but I think it has not been translated to English so far :frowning2:). It tells a story of a gay boy in 70's in Sweden and it is incredible how a straight woman wrote his feelings and everything. Jim Lundgren, the main character, had gone through a tough times too and I could not believe how simmilar was his fictional story to my real one. I think that if he was real and lived now he would also be diagnosed with aspergers. And I (as him) later in life realized that I was gay and it cleared a lots of things from my past. And now I am not sure if I really am an aspie or if it is just my "gay" behavior what makes me different :confused:. Doctors maybe sometimes missdiagnose this difference as being an aspie instead of being just confused and shy/coping with a social anxiety disorder.

I hope you have understood what I wanted to say. I know that my expression in English quite sucks :dry:.

17. loyalmutt83

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know how you feel ime gay AND have Asperger's too.

#77 loyalmutt83, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  18. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ok, idk if i have this, the other day my sister told me sum guy we went to skool with judt found out he has it and she hinted at that she thinks i may have it..idk why tho...i can read people pretty good..i am anti social tho..i feel strange when people put on this face and i can so clearly see it but i pretend that i think that that face is really them (even tho i kno better) and go about my business....i am really detail oriented tho when it comes to rules..i feel i have to do everything by book when it comes to skool or work cuz outside in my own im like "fuk the law.." i am very real tho and sensitive and overly lovely like you guys mentioned above...i have lately been feeling like nobody is real enough and everyone is fuked up...like i see peoples intentions guy or girl and i cant stand how fuked up that is, how ugly the world is...how nobody has a big enough, golden heart like mine...i havent had any long term relationship cuz i just dont connect with any other girl (thats single and gay) ...i can click with people that are older and/or in unfortunate situations like hardships that have shaped them to also see how fuked up others can be...as days go by i think im moving into asexuality/no sexuality..i mean i have a high sex drive but i cant lust..i have to love the girl in order to have romantic feelings attatched....anyways point is; how do i kno if i have this?

---------- Post added 13th Jul 2016 at 08:50 PM ----------

this made me want to cry...i wish others could see beyond whats beneath clothes and skin and see and love the soul

19. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I fit many of the characteristics of having Aspergers, I've taken many online tests for it, they say I'm mildy autistic but really not enough for it to be a major problem for me.

Sometimes its hard to look certain people in the eyes, I have sensitive eyes and sometimes my hearing is very sensitive, a lot of the time I'm very anti social, I get extremely self conscious around certain people and like my every movement becomes scripted instead of natural..

I'm better now that i'm a bit older but when I was 12-20 I was very anti social and had a lot of social anxiety.

Having a job as a cashier a few years ago really helped me in that aspect because I was forced to be face to face with person after person for hours everyday and it became quite comfortable.

Anyways thats my bit.

20. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have Aspergers (that I know of) but I was bored so I took the test (on the health-checker) for fun and got

Autism score: You scored 28. You have a higher than average score, but below the threshold of 32.

#80 Canterpiece, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016