1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I selfish for hating my self?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Samantha D, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Samantha D

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A week ago my mom found out and said "why dose everything have to be a big deal with you?" So I yelled "Then I'd doesn't f@cking have to be". 4 days ago by dad formaly acknowledged that I was expressing my discomfort with my gender characteristics (hair, shoulders, voice) and said "Why complain about it." Tonight my dad blew up and yelled "you have nothing to be ungrateful for, just be kind and quit f@cking sulking. Why don't you just be happy?" I feel like I can't, because I hate how people view me and who I am.
    I am honestly thinking that burying this and just playing up my more masculine qualitys is a good idea. After all I am mainly attracted to women so it wouldn't be that hard. I just think my dad is right and I am being selfish by wanting the unobtainable.
    Am I?

2. Baby K

Baby K Guest

Don't think you are being selfish at all and I think you should be the way that makes you the happiest.

3. Loves books

You're dad is selfish for wanting you to be something you are not. You're not selfish for wanting to be a certain way.