1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost 3 years later

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Laine7008, Feb 8, 2024.

1. Laine7008

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It’s been a while since I’ve posted, life has been super chaotic in that time and things have changed a lot.

when I originally joined this site, I had fell head over heels for a woman for the first time. Since then, she moved schools to another district and is teaching there.

I had a really hard time when I found out because I knew I would probably never see her again. I also thought maybe this was an opportunity to move past her.

I am still married and have been trying to work on my marriage but I find myself still thinking of her from time to time. It’s especially hard when I dream her randomly, which I did last week and now I can’t stop thinking about her.

I don’t know when these feelings will completely fade but I wish they would. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.

how long did it take some of you to get over your catalyst?

2. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's differen't for everyone. I still haven't got over mine, but it's problably because I'm still talking to him. Not daily, like before, but less often what did help me a little. I think cutting contact will help over time and the feelings will start to fade. Hugs your way.

3. Altanero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My catalyst was my nox ex-boyfriend, and it took me a lot of time to get over him: maybe three years... because it was painful and I didn't know how to handle it. But maybe my biggest catalyst is still with me, since we met and became friends... oh my God, I've have just realized it was exactly 13 years ago today! He was the first guy who I was deeply in love with. It was hard to keep my feelings controlled, and even now I surprise myself dreaming of him, but not quite often. I think that kind of feelings don't disappear at all, and it's nothing wrong. But, for sure, in some cases we have to put some limits in our relationship with that person, or we would still be hurting ourselves. So... it's not about blocking your feelings, but knowing that they will slowly lose strength, although they will be always there.

4. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people

ive just got back to EC after a few years and i remember your story! sending you a big hug… when ive felt stuck on a crush long after they have left it has felt really hard for me because it feels like i will never get over them but i can assure you its not true. one day you will get over that person, more often than not for me it has been when i have found myself randomly attracted to someone else or i have felt more satisfied in my life (that is just my experience)