1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afraid to tell friends?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bi111Guy, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Bi111Guy

This summer at a camp I went to I finally came to terms with the fact that I'm bi (I've been questioning it for close to a year, I told a girl I was dating once that I thought I was, the reaction was bad and have told several friends of suspicions). A lot of my really close guy friends I hug all the time, they're very big on fighting gender stereotypes. My probably is, now I'm afraid to tell even some of my best friends, because I'm worried about them thinking that I'm attracted to them (in fact I'm attracted to very few of my guy friends). It's to the point where I'm afraid to let anyone know because these guys might get more distant if they even get suspicious. I've been big for a long time on the "it's ok for guys to be feminine thing" and I'm worried a lot of the straight guys who I've affected will move counter-productively if they find out I'm bi. I don't know what to do, I don't know who I can talk to, and I'm very very scared, any advice at all would be SO helpful.

2. nisomer

Hi it's Nick. Welcome to EC. You know, I've actually had the same problem as you, and still kinda do have that problem. But I think the best way to cope with it is to just be yourself. If or when you do come out, show them that you have not changed at all, and you are indeed still you. When they see that you are still yourself they will not distant themselves. Hope that helps a little. Like I said, I'm kinda having the same problem.