1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little update about me

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Xey, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Xey

Xey

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, My name is Zoey, So it's been a while since I've posted, but I'm here to update you all on whats gone on since last time I posted.

So my parents are still not happy with me being trans, and over the last couple months it's been a bit of a stalemate in terms of getting much done out of fear of upsetting them further, but I turn 21 in a few days, and I've gotten an opportunity for extra hours at work, and I've made up my mind that moving forward with my life is more important than trying not to stir up drama, and so I confronted my parents about it.

My legs were shaking and voice trembling but I tried to keep my composure as I explained to them that I'm moving forward with medical transition. I've already started laser hair removal sessions at a clinic I can afford, and I'm going in for a consultation about hormone replacement on the 10th.

My parents seemed upset and possibly angry but beyond one comment from my mom "Will you still look like a guy for your brothers wedding?" They didn't seem to challenge my decision, my dad did go on a rant though about finances and wanting to see a written plan, All things considered this is better than what I was expecting.

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations on moving forward! Here is to a great future living as your true self.

As far as pretending to be a guy for family events, that is up to you.

As far as your finances, if you are earning the money you get to decide how to spend it. You are an adult and he does not need to see any plans.

Xey likes this.
  3. Xey

Xey

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well yes, I don't need to show him that, but at the same time showing I do have a plan might help them take me more seriously, I won't be going into specific detail, beyond how much I'll be making, and about how much my expenses are, in a way showing that I do have a degree of financial independence means its something they can't hang over my head, like with hrt or laser thats all coming out of my pocket, although insurance will help with hrt, laser is 100% out of pocket.

For the wedding I don't really have any dresses I can wear anyways, and I don't think I'll have grown massive boobs something like that by then, although anything is possible, I can probably keep it on the down low, my main fear is being publicly outed to my entire extended family and probably many others all at once. I might tell them before then to soften the blow if I think it will be a problem, I'm not sure yet.

But thank you, Im optimistic that this is the start of something good for me, and that maybe I'll be able to be happy with life now.

4. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went through this with my little brother and his wedding. I refused to go in pants, so he refused to have me there.

It was ducked up, but it was “his wedding, after all.”

Xey and Lyman like this.
  5. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I admire you, I wish that I had had the strength to stand up to everyone who opposed me.

Xey likes this.