34 And Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by 1974, Dec 30, 2008.

1. 1974

Firstly I want to thank you all for your coming out stories as they have given me the courage to become myself at last.

I was always unsure of myself from the age of about 8 or 9 when I was involved with the usual childhood exploration of how things work so to speak. The thing was that all the so called friends then turned on me and i hid those feelings away thinking that it was just a fad and all the way through school just tried to be like all the others but still with the memories of the explorations in my head. I was always better friends with girls than the boys and for this i was the outcast in teenage boy land.

I tried to be 'normal' had a few girlfriends and even a wife of 9 years, sadly it was never going to work. Now that i have had space to explore what i really want since separation i have found so much more comfort with myself. I would like to encourage those out there who are trying to deal with their feelings that your are not strange.

It is scary and i am nervous because of the future and what it may hold but at least i can now be myself and not beat myself up anymore.

2. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

you're never too old to come out. welcome to EC, hope you find what you need here and its normal to be nervous.

3. EM68

Welcome! EC is the perfect place for you to figure things out! You took the first HUGE step in coming out to yourself. What the future holds? Who knows. The best thing for you to do is to take things at your own pace. Remember there is no rush.

4. Ben

Ben

Welcome to EC!

It's great that you've accepted yourself, and the best of luck in your future coming outs. Hopefully it will go well for you and hopefully you can come to terms with everything and figure it all out.

That's great advice :slight_smile:

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go for it, '74. Let us know if we can help at all. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. cjtom

cjtom Guest

Its nice to know that even though you can lose yourself somewhere in the expectations of society, you can find yourself just the same!

Tis never too late to start living :thumbsup:

Welcome!

7. 1974

8. tm74

tm74 Guest

Dunno if you saw my story in your reading - but you can probably guess from my username (or the bit over there that says "age: 34") that I'm about the same age as you - and I only started coming to terms with myself in the last six months. You are not alone in this - not everyone figures themselves out in their teens - there's a few of us "olders" on here, it's not all teens and twenties,

Welcome to EC - I've found it a friendly place, so get stuck in (so to speak!)

T

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Welcome to EC!

10. Johnny123

Johnny123 Guest

Good luck :slight_smile: Our lives are short; we can enrich them through honesty alone.

11. Seanboy23

Welcome, 1974! I guess I would be "1970", ouch! I just came out about a year ago and am STILL finding my way. I, too, was married, largely due to family and societal pressures.

Just so you know, coming out is an ongoing process, and quite an adventure too. Best of luck to you and welcome to EC from sunny California!

12. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! You're never too old to come out. :slight_smile: Hope you like it here.

13. 1974

Thanks TM74 that was very helpful and similar in many ways.

I was also not very interested in page 3 funily enough although playing straight was easier. It's only now that i can admit that i am not, I always found shopping for underwear difficult because of all the half naked men on the packets. You surpress so much of yourself by hiding away.

I have come out to a few people now and most of my friends have been so good in fact most of them are not surprised, the hardest thing now is to strip away the years of playing straight in my head it will happen because i know i cant go back there.

:thumbsup:

14. 1974

Best quote yet from my sister "I don't care if you come screaming out of the closet, just don't knock my dresses on the floor!"

:eusa_clap

15. tm74

tm74 Guest

Yeah, the pictures on the packets - but what about the 10ft posters of half-naked men on the walls! (and yes, I'm talking about a well-known UK department store - albeit a few years ago...)

I'm still getting used to the idea myself - a few know, and It's all been positive reactions so far. Family is a whole different game...

T

16. 1974

I know what you mean, you cant help but look and then feel bad for looking at the same time and then go scarlet red. But they are fit.

I know this will all take time but it will be better cas now at least people will stop trying to pair me up with nice girls :icon_wink. I fully understand your situation though in a small town with no one around it must be hard to be able to do what you want or even meet anyone. Keep at it it will turn out ok :icon_bigg.

(&&&)

17. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>I know what you mean, you cant help but look and then feel bad for looking at the same time and then go scarlet red. But they are fit.

My partner said "I knew there was something up when I kept the underwear packages longer than the underwear..." :slight_smile:

And seriously, go ahead and leer. That's what they're THERE for, damnit.

Lex

18. 1974

Will do LOL. Have kinda got used to it

Heres to a happy 2009. :icon_bigg

Ta

#18 1974, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  19. Pendrin2020

Be you... Do what you do...Nothin' better...

It IS OK to hate queer eye. Just thought I'd let you know. I thought it was a requirement... It's not.

20. 1974

Seanboy23 thanks for your post as well I kind of missed it, sorry.

It is good to know that there are others who like me post marriage have found what they really need/want and that i am i no way strange.

I guess after being in such a long term relationship as a marriage, now I am out, I am nervous about meeting someone/anyone new. Just having a panick about the future.