1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Brothers, a party and me.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Micah, Dec 24, 2006.

1. LorenzG1950

Dave, that's really sensational. :thumbsup: I'm sure the party will be a lot more fun with a few things less to worry about.

2. kevinx519

wee!! congratulations dave! im sure that probably made the party a lot more fun for you especially since you didnt have to hold back.

3. ampthejazz

Congrats, man. It's such a good feeling, isn't it?

4. chrisg

Hey, congratulations, Dave. That's great news!

5. Micah

Oh yeah - since I had my party I may as well update this thread.

It went amazingly well. Not just as a damn fine party, but also mixing all my friends together at the same time, and with my brothers. Over all I'm so happy with how it went..

My brothers acted awesome. They took shots of tequila with all of us, and when all my friends (who knew I had only just come out to them) asked them "so what do you think about your brother being gay?" they were all like "makes no difference to me!" and would then start taking photos of me dancing in my underwear.

6. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Dave,

There's nothing better than the spurr of the moment. I say go with the flow, don't warn them before hand. There's going to be gays there, so what, it's not like they're going to get the homo-exterminator or something. And they're not going to cancel the party, i don't know your brothers, but they'd have to hate gays pretty bad to cancel your coming of age party based on the party guests.

And if you don't want to, 23 gay guys at your party DOES NOT EQUAL Dave being gay.

And just cuz your friends bro's took it bad doesn't mean yours will. It's our nature to assume riddiculous things and make stupid liasons between two things that logically have no link. Your brothers DON'T EQUAL friend's brothers. They're different sets of people with different mind sets.

HOWEVER. Bring up the "warning: there'll be boys kissing boys at my party" has no downside...better safe than sorry.

I probably gave conflicting advice there, but there's a chocolate cake calling me...sorry, helping people matters, but chocolate surpasses...you know how it is lol. j/k.

Ciao.

------------------------

Oh damnit just read that it already played out....man i have to read up before i answer....oh well i'll leave the response anyway...for other ppl. Man i suck lol.

#26 Proud1p4, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
  7. Micah

Haha :lol: its ok man :slight_smile: Thanks anyway - see I kinda agreed with you, but since my brothers took it so incredibly well I'm glad I told them. Plus it would also mean I'd have to hide my sexuality at my own party (which means no dancing with boys in my underwear :frowning2:)

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I guess what helps too is that they can see at the party that you have plenty of mates and are enjoying yourself, so they know you are gonna be OK and don't have to worry about you. So it really does make no difference to them.

9. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    wow just seen some pics of your party on your myspace dave and it looks like your party well and truely rocked... and that your brothers really didn't mind at all.

Good Stuff!!!

10. Micah

Ohhh I was going to wait until the user galleries and blogs were installed before I revealed those :wink: :wink:

11. kevinx519

aww no boys dancing in underwear. =( i can see why you told your brothers now. haha. im glad you had a good time, dave.

12. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    sorry mate didn't realise. Hopefully you have a few more up your sleeve (so to speak?). And is it just me or is the collage of your pics proving a bitch to load?

13. Micah

the collage? Are you referring to the one on my main page? Let me check the stats...

Edit: I only added an extra 250kb worth of pictures to my main page. So I suppose if you have dial up you'll hate me. If you're experiencing problems with loading on normal internet it might just be myspace - it tends to experience a few problems here and now.

#33 Micah, Jan 9, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  14. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

You failed to mention the such high stakes:eek: ...my goodness gracious i mean everybody knows lack of underwear dancing with desirable persons is very dangerous to one's health!!

15. step49x

So, that's why I've been so depressed lately... :icon_roll

Congrats, Dave! I'm so jealous of you!! *glare*