1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mirko, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you. I'm not celebrating yet, waiting for the feedback for now, but it's a first step.

2. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Currently set up to move into an apartment in the building across the street from my current place on December 2 and they're coming to inspect tomorrow. Not next week, not the following Monday, less than a week before the move, tomorrow. And right now, I'm hoping the cleaning I'm doing off and on and the fact that I've not done any damage to this place is enough to get them to let it go through as planned because they said in the letter they gave me with information about the move and renovations they're going to be doing after I'm out that failing an inspection could be grounds for denying it. And if for whatever reason they do decide something isn't good enough despite my efforts, I won't be moving across the street, I'll need to find a new place somewhere else, get the deposit and first month's rent around, get approved, a move-in date, and then actually move in. But all the problems not being approved to stay at this apartment complex at this stage would cause is worst case scenario. They didn't specify what specifically they'd be inspecting, so how am I to know what would or wouldn't be seen as acceptable? And they did just inspect last month, a week or two before letting me know it's coming up on time to renovate this apartment so I need to move and nothing has changed here, so it's unlikely if they found it acceptable once, they're not going to suddenly change their minds. But what if, you know? They could decide something really petty that I might have forgotten about or ran out of time before needing to get to bed for work tomorrow is really bad and I can't be trusted to take care of another place here.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If the move out inspection is anything like where I live, it sounds like you are going to be covered and don't have to worry about the 'what ifs.' :slight_smile:

The thing that a landlord usually looks for is anything that might need to be repaired or fixed before the end of the month. If they did an inspection recently and you didn't hear anything thereafter, you should be good.

If there is something you still need to do before the end of the month, reasonable landlords will provide you with the time to get it done, like the cleaning for example.

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Necrose.....I have the unfortunate luck to be a landlord. :old_frown: If it where me wanting to be sure that everything passed with flying colors I would do the following: 1) Wash the walls 2) Clean all the appliances thoroughly...especially the stove 3) Clean the bathroom & the kitchen until they sparkle 4) Wash the windows 5) Vacuum and maybe shampoo the carpets. Take pictures of the whole place to be able to prove that everything is neat and tidy. If you know when they are coming to inspect, be sure to have the whole place in what my MIL used to call "Dying Order" and then bake some cookies! The smell of fresh baked cookies is always a winner!! :old_big_grin: Whoops...I just reread your post and they are coming tomorrow...well do what you can of the above list...but don't forget the cookies!!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

5. Violet Rain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, my father was ultra toxic masculine. He didn't believe a man should cry and he hated gay men. He wasn't emotionless, he had a hair trigger temper, and was horribly mean to anyone who was different. I think I saw him cry once, when a friend of the family died. Other than that, he never cried and was always yelling about different things.

I hope you get a contract offer! Submitting a story to a publisher is terrifying but a great feeling as well. I shook for hours after my first ever submission. How are you feeling? Nervous? Confident? Happy?

6. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Suppose I should provide an update. They were apparently in while I was at work, as they do due to how early I work, and I have heard nothing. No phone calls, no notes taped to my front door, nothing. I can only assume the inspectors accepted what they saw and I will in fact be moving into the apartment across the street next month.

7. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you. I sent it to a few different publishers. One said no, but I never expected to get it right away, when many search for a long time to find the right publisher and I got advice too, so I'm happy. My book is more like a novel, so I might instead look towards publishing companies at other countries. I also tend to be picky. I know what I want. I'm currently translating it into my own language, because there are another publishing company I want to try here. There are also lgbt+ theme to the novel, so it might be harder to find publishing companies here who would be okay with it and want to work with me. You can barely find books with lgbt+ theme in the bookstores here. I was shaking, when opening up the first letter and dissapointed, when I saw just a few words said. I wasn't dissapointed about them denying me and I still got feedback, but it wasn't as detailed as I hoped. The problem was that my book is a novel and that company don't publish novels. Right now I'm happy, that I had that courage and have now some new knowledge and have sent it off to others too.

8. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Rayland.....I know that sometimes it takes a while to find a publisher for a book. I think that the quote that @Violet Rain uses is really appropriate here: ""I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas Edison" Hang in there! :old_smile:

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From the sounds of it, things should be fine. Based on what you have mentioned in your previous post, I don't think you have anything to worry about. :slight_smile:

As for what I'm thinking: time to continue reading the memoir even though I get the sense that the author just tried to do too much on 260 pages.

10. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Finally updated my profile pic. I don’t look too different than I did when I was 18, but 10 years is a long time and I have a different haircut and my beard takes up my full face now. I’m also not a dipshit college freshman anymore.

11. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you. :slight_smile: I have no intention of giving up and if needed I will just publish it myself, because I have the skills for it. Publishing companies just make my life a little bit easier.

And I like that quote very much as I am perfectionist and this quote reminds me the important things.

12. Tiago GA

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thinking.... I do not know were to put this so imma put it here -

** There is this guy I like (Online) he is super sweet and everything, has an amazing sense of humor, VERY handsome, he knows what I look like, and I know what he looks like (Don't worry he isn't a catfish I already checked), We flirt with each other time to time, sometimes we call each other on a site and talk to each other face to face over a screen (Hopefully that makes since) but...

Recently he has been getting so mad, (Well it seems that way) and I have no idea why he is getting mad, and then other times he s sweet and loving, I message him every day... and it seems like our chats are getting shorter.. and shorter... to the point were they only last like 3 minutes and we used to talk for 4 hours.

** Its getting to the point where he doesn't even wanna talk to me or he is being like so rude (To me) he always says "I just need to chillax and calm down" but on Saturday I messaged him and was like "Heyyy!!!! Are you ok, we haven't talked much today!" and he replied back saying "Uhg. I have a life you know and its the weekend, and its also my day off" and he logged off

** It hurt so much I started crying so bad - I just don't know what to do.. I feel like he is losing feelings but he says he isn't, but his actions show other wise

13. Tiago GA

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone know how to edit your letters?
    I ment 4 hours

14. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Meowz.....You only have a short time after you make a post to edit it. Something like a minute or so. So I would suggest proof reading it thoroughly before you actually hit the Post button! I never make a post before I have proofed it. That has saved me from some really embarrassing mistakes! :old_eek: It's a good habit to get into and can save you from having to explain what you really meant! :old_smile: Did you mean 3 hours and 4 hours in your post above? If so I can fix it for you...let me know.

#10874 quebec, Nov 16, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
  15. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd just call it ultra toxic. Having uncontrollable reactions to emotions is a pretty weak trait, a man who can't control his anger is a great example of that. The best men get on and support people. I think I'm lucky I had such good examples growing up. My two grandads were both great men in their prime too. One is no longer around but I'll never forget what he taught me. My brother is shaping up well too, he has a nice girlfriend and always treats her well.

16. Tiago GA

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah highly embarrassing, I met 3 minutes and 4 hours

17. Tiago GA

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Currently Thinking.. Someone just messaged me on my wall, and I can't respond....

Have to get to 10 post quick! :scream_cat:

18. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Leave reply's on the post in the support area. This is the quickest way. :slight_smile:

19. Saskia96

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I tried multiple times this week to come out to my best friend as trans, but every time i was about to do it i panicked and aborted. Its really hard to do that.

20. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hugs. It is hard. I sent an email to my friend and just closed my eyes and clicked on the send button, but it worked out. They might not fully accept right away, but give it time. I fought with mine over misgendering and so on. Real friends will accept you.