Trump is going to be the next President of the United States

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by A Republican, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trump has publicly stated that he wants to work on fixing the infrastructure of the US and leave the foreign and domestic policy to Pence. That definitely would make Pence the most powerful Vice President in our lifetimes. However, at the end of the day, anything Pence does reflects directly on Trump. And who get to make the final decision on policy issues? Trump, of course.

Trump has no loyalty and owes no dues to Republican establishment. Why do you think he'd cow-tow to them at this point?

Again, I suggest the Community STOP projecting 'what if' fears based on the heinous campaign rhetoric and wait to see what, if any, LGBT issues the Trump Presidency actually gets involved in.

2. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I take it that it doesn't bother you that Donald Trump is literally a liar, a rapist and a pig.
    I seriously think our country would not be facing its current crisis if more people knew how to read.
    The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo anyone?

I mean, I think it's clear to any reasonable person that the only reason that Trump hasn't specifically spent much time targeting the LGBTQ+ community is because he has a much more vulnerable community to target already: Muslims.
    Anyone voting for Trump is either an ignorant person or a selfish white male who does not care about the rights of women or minority groups.
    It's utterly selfish to vote for Trump simply because he spends more time targeting minority groups that you are not in.
    This is the man who literally wants to build a WALL and who wants to literally make our allies, our NATO allies pay.

The only good that can come out of a fascist, racist, rapist calling himself our president is perhaps that it will help the rebirth of feminism when people finally become tired of having their rights stolen and their voices repressed.

I sincerely hope that people will learn to read, which would improve our nations intelligence and its empathy.

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

First, prove that all of the talk about being a rapist isn't more that campaign rhetoric. Why do you believe anything the Press says these days without doing your own research?

Second, being ‘a pig’ is simply name calling. He might smell bad, too, but I couldn’t prove it, I’ve never met him in person. So what does that have to do with him being President? What are you trying to prove? Be specific.

Third, Trump is a liar? About what? And compared to everything Hillary has lied about, what's your point?

IMO, Trump has the potential to be similar to Ronald Reagan in that he can revitalize our economy and restore stability in the world – both of which Obama has destroyed over the last 8 years.

It’s amazing how once you are in a position of authority that the position itself changes you and makes you really consider things before speaking or acting. Again, don’t assume how Trump MIGHT act until you have seen him in action.

The Wall is ridiculous and I, personally, think Trump will realize that in short order. There is already a Wall along most of our border with Mexico from just south of San Diego to just east of Naco, Arizona. It doesn’t solve anything. Mexican drug runners and people smugglers either build tunnels underneath it or go around it. It’s a useless edifice.

And what’s wrong with making our NATO allies pay their fair share for security? Have you read the NATO agreement itself? I served in NATO. The US pays far more than it’s treaty obligation just to make NATO work because other countries DON’T pay. Hello?

Again with the name calling. Prove to me that Trump is a Fascist or a rapist or Hitler reborn, as the hysterical left likes to call him. He hasn’t done a single thing to repress freedoms or even free speech in the US.

I agree with you that if people would read and research on their own – independent of the biased press – this country would be much better off.

#163 Quantumreality, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  4. TempUsername4

Trump the President of the United States

Finally after few hiccups he made it to the top

5. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Forgive me if that doesn't reassure me. Trump isn't exactly stable. He's somehow going to invest in all of our infrastructure while cutting taxes across the board? Mitch McConnell already came forward and said that Trump's plans are not a priority. The republican party has no intention of doing anything that Trump has planned for or promised during his campaign. They have their own agenda. They have been grinding axes for the last 8 years, waiting for this day, and they will follow-through.

Because he has no clue what the fuck he's even doing, as evidenced by the abortion he called his campaign. The people he's floating as his cabinet are all extreme hardline fringe republicans and he has an empty head. He will fall in line. That's what republicans do.

6. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you've already written him off and he hasn't even taken the Oath of Office yet, I feel sorry for you.

His "abortion that he called his campaign" just won him the Presidency of the United States, so what's your point?

Please name all the fringe and extreme hardline Republicans that he's floating as his Cabinet. Regardless, until they are actually appointed, it's a moot point. The people that he is considering (the ones that I know of) are extremely competent and will make very good advisors. However, at the end of the day Trump will still be the one making the decisions, not the people around him.

OBTW, in case I wasn't clear. I am a one of 'those' Republicans that you apparently despise. LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

#166 Quantumreality, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  7. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not going to comment on the election of Donald Trump and I will not enter into debate either, but I would urge members to avoid mud slinging, pettiness and name calling, be it on EC or beyond. It will achieve nothing and it doesn't help!

Many of my fellow countrymen voted to leave the European Union in June this year and I found it as depressing as many Americans feel about the election of Donald Trump, but they voted the way they did for a reason/s. Did I make my feelings known to them? Sure I did, but I didn't resort to calling them racists, bigots, homophobes and nutters, even if I did feel hurt by the way they voted. The vast majority of people who voted to leave did so for reasons that I understand, but disagree with.

Elections are divisive. Politics is divisive. Personally, I am a social/economic liberal and I will always vote for parties aligned to liberal ideas, but I don't automatically regard conservatives as enemies. In actual fact, I count some conservatives as friends because they are fundamentally kind and decent people.

This election, like the UK referendum has been bitter and nasty, but I think President Obama was right in saying you are all Americans. Disagree and argue, you may, but don't hate each other and don't be cheap.

8. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Excellent points, Patrick!:slight_smile:

I hereby retire from this thread.

9. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol It's called white and male privilege. Gay and bi men deny they have male privilege time and time again because "they have it soooooo hard because homophobes ):" but at the same time they would support misogyny and sexism from another man as long as he doesn't take away their rights as gay men. Lesbian and bisexual women are consistently shit on and ignored by gay men because they think we have it easier. They don't give a damn about the actual misogyny that lesbians face (which is 99% rooted in lesbian homophobia) because they only care about gay male rights. That's why you see so many white gay men voting for Trump, but not blacks or women (unless they are extremely brainwashed).

10. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Trump will be president nothing we can do to stop it we gotta accept it and not bash others for their differences. We face enough bigotry being LGBT as it is don't disrespect others just because they don't want your candidate or *gasp* voted Trump. Everyone has their own mind.

11. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Finally! Another Republican! I thought I was the only one!!:icon_bigg

12. Summer Rose

Oh? Let me list the possibilities:

Newt gingrinch...nuff said. Jeff Sessions, who wants to shove the bible in people's faces (seperation of church and state, what's that?). Ben Carson, who is not only against the lgbt, but has made several dumb assertions about us. Reince Priebus, Same deal as Ben, though not as well known. Steve Mnuchin, a former employee of Goldman Sachs. Steven Bannon, a guy who worked at Breitbart (a news site that makes fox look unbiased).

I didn't include a few, and I could dig deeper to address all of the bad points against them, but these are not "competent" individuals.

If Trump's previous statements are to be believed, no, he won't be making the decisions; he's leaving that to Pence. Even if these people don't matter, and even if Trump does nothing, guess what: we're still worse off because all 3 branches are GOP controlled.

13. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The reason people dislike Pence, is because of his views. My points of view are kind of the opposite of the common conservative points of view.

You say it yourself, you hate his conservative social views. Some people actually care a lot about one's social views. It's therefore not surprising that some hate Pence based on that. I really disagree with Pence's stances and the things he says. Hate is a strong word, but I don't think he's someone I would like.

You say that Trump is moderate on LGBTQ issues and I think you're right. However, I think that Trump doesn't care much about them. He'll probably go for the "discrimination is allowed based on religious values" idea and I don't think he would care if some steps made under Obama will be overruled.

I'm guessing based on the things he has said? The things he stands for? His ideas?

It's not that odd to imagine what will happen given his positions on certain issues. I think that you expect things to go well. I could easily ask you "why do you think so when he hasn't done anything for us as president?". Pretty sure you'd be explaining why you think so taking into account his personal stances.

It's interesting how you are saying "if anyone can't distinguish reality from fact" to OGS. Are you implying that he cannot do that, or are you just making some blank statement here?

The thing is, there are plenty of "facts" out there. How you interpret these "facts" is what matters here. Take climate change for instance. Previously labeled as a hoax by Trump, but it's abundantly clear that climate change is real. Pleeeenty of studies done on this topic. And yes, one out of some hundred studies will not find any relation. This is all to be expected (given some significance level and a large number of studies).

About your last question, it can tell us various things. For one, some are quick to jump to conclusions. Secondly, it can also tell us that some don't accept "meh" stances anymore. That is, the "I don't care much and I elect someone anti-LGBT" stances are not tolerated anymore. I don't find it strange that people label Trump as anti-LGBT, honestly. I also don't find it strange that people see Trump as moderate.

If you really cannot see the difference between Trump's stances towards the LGBT community and Clinton's, then I guess that you've not looked into Clinton's stances regarding the LGBT community at all. If you did do that, but still don't know why, then I have no idea why you cannot see the difference. Did you really read into her stances? You can find them here: LGBT Equality - HillaryClinton.com.

There are many differences between their policies. LGBT policies are no exception to the rule here.

Oh come on, you know very well that there are. You are right though, people with absurd ideas can be found on both sides. But please, cut the probably. No need to sugarcoat things.

Completely agree with you here. Some more empathy (from both sides) would be good.

-

I personally don't like it when people call out all Trump supporters. We have to realise that some people don't take all of Trump's statements literally. In my opinion, Trump has said some terrible things that are disgusting in my opinion (we are all familiar about his "they're rapists" for instance). However, some people either don't care about this or they think that Trump's words have been taken out of context. If you justify/disregard all of these (in my opinion) terrible sayings, then it's easy to agree with Trump. For one, if you completely disagree with Clinton's tax plans (but agree with Trump's), then it's not surprising to vote for Trump.

14. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for responding civilly. That really does mean the world to me. (*hug*)

I can understand why people are rioting, but I think their reason doesn't make sense. At this point, they're rioting to get Trump out of office, which really isn't going to get anywhere. If they wanted to make progress, they'd do this kind of protesting in a way that might result in action. I agree, just a blatant "NO TRUMP PRESIDENCY" doesn't make sense. If people want to argue that the electoral college or the system is flawed, that's legitimate. Maybe we can make some change happen.

What I really want to see from Trump supporters who keep saying they aren't racist, sexist, etc., is proof that they aren't. I know that not everyone who voted for Trump is that way, I just really need them to be truly active about it. They need to call out the Trump supporters who are this way, and let them know that it isn't right. Make it their goal to protect the people who are scared or hurt. I really do want to believe he'll be a good president, it's just the die-hard, violent racists/homophobes who are using this to justify their views that I am afraid of. I really want to make that clear; I'm more scared of the people using his presidency to justify their awful views.

15. whizbang

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  16. DoriaN

What's the point in linking this? Did you know Hillary supporters jumped people after the election, or did awful things?
    There are radicals and wicked people on both sides, but this is trying to paint one side over another and just incites more anger and frustration for both parties.

17. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What bothers me about Trump isn't even "homophobia" but that a lot of other minorities will suffer under what him and Pence want to do. There are the rumors of taking away health care and banning planned parenthood, which allows disabled people and women to suffer. I need to take birth control for medical reasons. I'm not having sex, and I'm still a virgin, but without the medicine, I will suffer from health issues, including mental problems like suicidal and homicidal ideation (which comes with my condition). I'm assuming this will be expensive to afford without insurance, and I might land back in the mental hospital without it.

It's privileged of gay men to not have worry about Trump because of their male privilege (and his not caring about LGBT marriage/whatever). As a woman and disabled person, I will still suffer. My mexican relatives will suffer. It's not just about you.

18. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably to point out that it's not just bogus and all made up? Seems reasonable given some of the things I've been reading here.

I agree with you though, it happens on both sides. However, pointing out that these things happen (on whatever side) doesn't seem strange to me.

19. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm kind of sick of people pretending that both sides are exactly identical. Complete bullshit.

Yes there are bad apples on both sides, but there's no reason to claim "but the other side does it too!" any time something unsavory from one side is mentioned. And it's probably more likely that a Trump supporter would attack a gay person, so there's every reason to mention it.

---------- Post added 10th Nov 2016 at 11:29 AM ----------

So what if Hillary supporters did "awful things"? This link is about particular actions of particular Trump supporters.

How about the people doing the actual attacking are the ones inciting anger?

20. Jellal

Of course there are brutalizers on both sides. There have been long since before Trump became president elect. What I think *MUST BE DONE* by Trump as soon as possible is condemning any violent actions and threats by his supporters, both to discourage any more vile miscreants from taking action and to show in some shape way or form that he cares about innocent people who could be in danger. But we'll see if he does. :dry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.