1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acceptable Insults

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Plattyrex, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Insults, in general, are petty and accomplish nothing.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

There is two sides to this coin. On one side, yes, I'd say you are right. Sticks and stones and all that jazz.

However, the other side, the one that isn't really talked about when it comes to insults is, the majority. See, you can think you're not ugly or stupid all you want, but if everybody else thinks you are, well, that can affect your life. This is what most people worry about, even if they don't realize it, because what the masses think does and will influence your life in many ways.

I'll give you a personal example:
    There was a fellow who was pretty upbeat and kind of corny when it came to friendliness. I tried my hardest to make this man cry, but he just shrugged it off. I got irritated, because somebody was defying my desires, which was to see this man break in some fashion.

When harsh words and swung fists didn't give me what I wanted, I started crafting notes to leave in various places, with different pen colors and different writing styles, to give the idea that a good number of people were talking about this. I'd include certain words like 'bitch' and 'racist', things to really incite others. I'd make sure to be around when others found the note, then show up and say, "Oh yeah, I heard that too!", and pull out another note, which was enough to convince people. Repeat as necessary.

Quickly enough, everybody started to believe these things. And no matter how kind or dismissive this guy was, people began treating him differently. They wouldn't sit near him, in class or lunch, they even started repeating some of the insults they'd found. They came to believe these insults. He broke, and I enjoyed it so much, especially since he had resisted me earlier.

Eventually, he wound up sitting by himself, wherever he was. It got so bad at times, people began dumping food on him, spitting at him, or taking his jackets and throwing them in the cafeteria trash. He went from a semi-boring and friendly person to a miserable and tensed up wreck -- and I let him know I did it. He spent the next two years of high school being teased and picked on, even got hit a few times by others or punched in the head.

So, yeah, insults can go further than hurt feelings.

Naturally, this fellow has told me I can fuck off. He won't forgive me, and I'm okay with that. I ruined 2 1/2 years of his life, just because I could.

With written or spoken words, I pulled the rug out from somebody's social life. Words can be pretty powerful, is what I'm getting at.

#22 Kaiser, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015