1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the LGBTQ opinion on pewdiepie

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by europeanguy, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Stripe101

I have no strong opinion of Pewdiepie's video quality but calling him "incredibly homophobic" seems like quite a bit of a stretch. Being uncomfortable seeing gay shows of affection is understandable to an extant. I don't think we should be so quick to cry homophobe.

2. WearyWanderer

If you don't like his humor, then fine...but he isn't homophobic.

3. Chriswe

Well, yes, he does say a lot of offensive, dumb, disgusting things sometimes. But he has stated that he doesn't mean to offend anyone and that's it just kind of happens without much thought process. I personally just watch some of his videos these days, but I have a lot of things to thank him for. Without him I wouldn't have learned better English or found the YouTubers that I dare to say saved my life. He used to be the person who would light up my day, who made me laugh when I hadn't smiled for days.

So yes, his comments may be offensive, dumb, disgusting and straight up irritating sometimes, and I really wish he wouldn't say those things. But I know that he's a great human being and has saved so many lives.

No hate, just my opinion.

4. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you can learn to sit back, relax, and go into that mode where nothing is taken seriously, he is very funny for people my age with my kind of sense of humor (not necessarily the offensive comments, but his sudden outbursts, shrieks, and random sayings). I haven't studied him well enough to see if he really is homophobic, but I never saw him that way. I think he likes the LGBT community. You have to learn his sense of humor... Which consists of a lot of offensive, racist, and homophobic comments. From my point of view, he never has the intention of offending a race or group... He's just being his immature, funny self. Immaturity is another part of his humor. Big mature grown-ups can't be bothered with his overly immature videos. But younger people like me can grow to appreciate it; he personally cracks me up most of the time.

Watching his videos really brightens my day in a bad mood, and I think that's all he wanted in the first place.

5. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's uninteresting and not at all funny in my opinion.

6. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can understand if you don't like his humor. Truly, it's not for everyone.

But, saying he is homophobic? Sorry, but that's just not true. I watched a ton of his videos and I never saw anything that was meant to be homophobic. Sure, he makes jokes, but they are in no way supposed to be taken seriously. I'm pretty sure he supports the LGBT community actually.

7. 404dotexe

He is overrated, a lot, but probably not homophobic

8. Cedar

Sure I have an occasional laugh but all-in-all, I don't find him all that interesting.

9. Maxey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't really find him very interesting and honestly some of his videos are very annoying, but that's just me not really liking his humor. As a person though, he seems like a nice enough guy, and there are some of his videos that I do enjoy. I find it really hard to believe that he is homophobic, considering that Cry is one of his best friends and he's pansexual, so I doubt that Pewds would be homophobic given that. Maybe you've misinterpreted something? I don't think that it would be the case.

10. Ellzie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well, there's this article that talks about it a little bit: PewDiePie Is the Most Famous Web Celebrity You've Never Heard Of | Motherboard . He HAS participated in the NOH8 campaign.

The gay slurs rather bothered me at first, but he flits over it so lightly that I feel like it isn't actual hatred as much as just ridiculous things that float through his head. For instance, I have friends that occasionally make racist comments but they're done in a light hearted manner and I know for a fact they're not actually racist and very accepting of everyone. We had a conversation last night while playing Flash Point where we kept saving the white people and the black people kept dying (this was not by choice, you can't tell what they are until you get to them, and it doesn't really matter anyway. It's just how it happened). We joked about it, but none of us have any qualms against people with darker skin colour.

I feel as though he has the thought process of someone like that. Jokes about it, but isn't exactly serious.

11. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I personally find him to be annoying and generic but I wouldn't take his style of humor seriously enough to call him homophobic or racist.

12. metalhead

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I haven't seen many of his videos, but I don't think they're so bad (plus I find him attractive), it's just some silly humor. What I can't stand is his gf's voice... :eusa_doh: