1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you agree with stereotypes about countries with the hottest men/women?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lemons123, Feb 6, 2015.

1. lemons123

Recently someone posted a "map of countries with the sexiest girls" (not here...another forum) and this got me thinking how much I disagree with those stereotypes.

Not just because they are...well stereotypes (aka generalizations) but because I also disagree with the "general idea" that italian men are sexy...or that russian women are irresistible etc.
    I guess my idea of countries with highest concentration of 'sexy people' are different from the rest.

So ^ got somewhat longer than planned...what about you guys? Do you agree with the stereotypes of the "hottest countries" and if not, then what countries do you think have highest big % of hot men and women?

2. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Everyone gets proud of their country. No offense, but people from every country seem to think their women and men are the hottest. Like, on YouTube, I always see "Russians are the hottest! Spain has the hottest women! Nothing hotter than Brazilians!"

I can't take any of it seriously. Of course, I'm from Spain and if you've ever been to a beach in Valencia like I have, you've seen a lot of hotties :wink:

3. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't agree with many stereotypes. Period.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I hear Kentucky has one particularly hot woman.

5. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Let's face it, there's sexy people every where. The "sexiest" girl I have ever met was in a northern Michigan town of 150 people. The nearest police station is literally 45 minutes away and this girl blew away any Russian, Spanish, Californian girls that are stereotypical hot.

6. lemons123

hmm I still remember watching one video on youtube once of David Villa interviewed in valencia....wearing some pinkish shirt and looking very hot.

I liked him a lot, but more as a footballer than as a guy, but still yeah :slight_smile::

[​IMG]

---------- Post added 6th Feb 2015 at 04:00 PM ----------

Sure, I agree.
    Though stereotypically-wise I haven't heard the claim that Spanish women are among the hottest and the "californian blond" idea seems to be an old thing from the 90s or so??

Russian women? - sure, have heard it like 5000+ times typically a claim maintained by western-straight-white guys who aren't quite anything special themselves. Usually - failed guys who blame their lack of success to feminism or obesity in their own country, take a look below....(I find such threads to be dumb, offensive and very stereotypical):

American Girls Be Like

7. soulcatcher

Or maybe that is what you think you hear?! :wink:

8. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I don't know where the "sexiest people" supposedly are

But in my opinion, Japan has the most beautiful people.

9. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I prefer Asian people if I'm honest :slight_smile: (Indian/Chinese etc) I heard that English people are supposedly really attractive to Americans, but personally, I live in the UK and I don't think we're that attractive :wink:

10. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That, I know for a fact.

[​IMG]

11. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm more into Latinos, and Asians...Personally, I think they're hotter...I hope I'm not sounding racist...

12. Burnedcloset

I really don't agree with the stereotye. There is sexy people everywhere.

I do think certain accents are attractive.....I'm looking at you British boys.......:icon_redf

13. CyanChachki

Nah. I mean, you have like what.. a couple hundred people vote on something and then give them the award for hottest man/woman? In all honesty, it was just the person with the most votes. In order to search for the hottest person of each country, you'd have to go through thousands, if not millions of people and in the end it wouldn't be worth it because you're either going to have those couple hundred people voting on it or having a judge or two vote on it which is unfair because they have a particular taste in women/men.

Long story short, no one knows who is and we'll more than likely never know but who cares anyway? Like what you like, be who you are and don't let some poll tell you what you should look like in order for people to like you.

14. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    British, Scandanavian, and Aussie men are the hottest to me. Women-I would go with Canadian, Middle Eastern, and French.

15. Lazuri

Living in Sweden, I strongly disagree with the stereotype of Swedish women being sexy as most of them just look boring. We have fair skin going for us, though.

It probably just comes down to taste, TBH.

16. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    British men are supposed to be handsome, and British women are supposed to be ugly. I don't think British women are ugly, but I do think the men I see here look a lot better in general, but I might be biased given my sexuality. I don't fall for Hugh Grant types though - bleh.

There a lot of sexy men in Spain though. :wink:

17. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think part of it is the accent for me and British guys. But really, pretty much all the British guys on here are quite handsome. :slight_smile: I know most of you all on here hate prime minister Cameron, but I think he is cute myself. Oh and how could I forget Prince Harry. :slight_smile: Cheers.

#17 QueerTransEnby, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  18. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I seriously have no idea. Beautiful people can be found from everywhere. It's the individuals. If there would be a country with lots of androgynous people that might be it for me but I don't think there is such a place. Of course foreigners often have something special in them and that's attractive.

I haven't witnessed much pride in my country. Here many say that we are the ugliest people there is. We are pale and grey and we got short legs. Bred to work hard in cold weather. I don't think we are ugly. Foreigners always say that there is lots of attractive people in here and I agree.

19. Van

Van

You can see beautiful people in every country... Well, maybe except for Russia.
    :grin: I'm just kidding.

20. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone