1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians-what "type" of woman are you attracted to?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by waterfall, Sep 30, 2014.

1. waterfall

waterfall Guest

I have been thinking a lot about this lately. I am totally shocked by the fact that I am attracted to a certain "type" of woman. I have found that my attraction to (even more of a surprise to me) tends towards a more masculine "butch" women. I don't know if I am just fascinated by them because they seem to exude confidence? Because they know who they are and are not afraid to show it?
    I am pretty feminine looking and acting and have no desire to be anything else. So what is up with my attraction to a "soft butch"?
    How would you describe yourself and do you tend towards a specific type? Just curious:slight_smile:

2. lovely lesbian

I'm attracted to femine women with nice bodies and nice boobs and really hot

3. TheStormInside

I'm not sure I have a specific type, though I do find women who err more on the feminine side more attractive I notice women who are very feminine all the way to a bit androgynous or boyish. I would probably consider myself on the feminine side of the middle- not particularly girly but still more feminine than masculine.

4. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm more attracted to femmes visually, but after getting to know the person it always turns out to be the butch who steals my heart! It's the confidence, like you said, and there's just something else. A lot of the ones I have met are witty in addition to being confident, and that just drives me crazy (in a good way)!

5. freeapril

I am a feminine girl (I was a tomboy growing up, though, so not super girly) and I am attracted to girls on the feminine side. I was shocked by my attraction as well, though. In fact, one reason I think it took me so long to accept my attraction is because the masculine-feminine thing was so strongly ingrained in me that when I was young I didn't even think it was possible for two girls who are both feminine to be together! haha I guess I thought I was the only one :slight_smile:

6. waterfall

waterfall Guest

Leryous I agree

Yes! Yes! Yes! I have noticed that too! You are absolutely right…and it drives me crazy too! I LOVE people that can make me laugh! :thumbsup:

#6 waterfall, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
  7. thekillingmoon

Yeah attraction can be quite unpredictable sometimes. Being quite girly myself I would expect myself to be more into tomboyish women, but in reality all my crushes so far were on feminine women, the ones people would call straight looking. So I figured that must be my type. I don't want them to be straight, of course, lol.

8. jupiter

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm a newbie here and I'm still questioning whether or not I could be bi. In my life I've only been attracted to 3 different women. And they were all completely different physically. Their only common trait was their confidence.

9. Snever2late

While I do appreciate feminine beauty for what it is, I am attracted to more androgynous looking women in general. Not really "butch" but not really feminine. Kind of tomboyish. There is nothing sexier to me than a girl in men's clothes.

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

My type is long dark hair and glasses

11. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

pretty ones....... tall especially

12. JB1973

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Very much like me. I'm pretty, slim, feminine and not attracted to feminine types at all.

Yes, yes, yes Snever2late!! Hit the nail on the head. My type is definitely more tomboy than mega butch. My crush, for example has short hair (er... as do I actually), doesn't wear make-up, always wears trousers and shirts and flat shoes. Does wear a couple of nice rings and stud type earrings and a necklace. So not dead butch, but not feminine at all. Mmmmm...she's lovely - er...sorry ladies, got a bit carried away...:icon_redf

13. NatWheeled

I lean toward the more masculine end of the scale. I myself am somewhere on the masculine end of the spectrum, prolly more tomboy though I'm still exploring n discovering. I find I've more in common with other masculine women, more of the same interests. I like their confidence n toughness. I like feeling protected.

Honestly I've given up trying to pin my girlfriend into a category...she's butch....a very sexy thug butch. But she's got her feminine moments. She's a submissive in the bedroom, yet I'm pretty sure she's a stone butch. She's told me she doesn't get off being on the receiving end but rather giving pleasure to her lover. She isn't opposed to me touching n stuff...it just doesn't get her off. I know I'll figure it all out in time and she will show me, I'm just enjoying the journey for now :slight_smile:

But anyways, I digress, I guess I just like uniqueness lol

14. Lipstick Leuger

15. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I don't really have that much of a type. I tend to like almost any kind of lady. If they have a personality and seem like someone who loves to laugh and make jokes, then I'm sold. If I did have to state some kind of preference though, I'd have to say that I'm more into masculine girls. Doesn't mean I'm against femme girls, I just sometimes feel intimidated by super femme girls. However, I've hardly met any ladies who have fit the description of "super femme" so just about any type of lady works for me.

16. AJ Bee

I am attracted to a women who is somewhere more towards the butch end of the spectrum.

17. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I adore feminine women.. They are just so cute! I'm attracted to the innocent but clearly not so innocent personality. The girl who has two sides to her :icon_wink I also like the intelligent sophisticated look. I usually feel attracted to shy kind of girls or girls who are confident but also very sure of themselves.. Kind of like a sexy librarian. There is a super cute girl on youtube who is a Lesbian who has suffered from Anorexia in the past.. none of that matters when I watch her she is so much better now and is definitely the cute feminine woman i'm trying to explain as my ''type'' Just want to cuddle the life out of her! She's down to earth and also sure of herself. Her voice is so girly.. It's also strong plus she has a cute uk accent. :love:

I also go for girls who are affectionate.. Aw I want a girlfriend! I'm so jelous of Lesbian Couples x

#17 ChloeKiss, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  18. waterfall

waterfall Guest

19. seeking

for me usually very feminine, confident, not a serious/very serious person, and who likes to do a lot of physical activities. Once in a while i am into the "soft butch", but they still have similar personality traits that are important to me. So i guess i am more into personality, but they also seem to look alike face feature wise.

20. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a very androgynous person. Very androgynous indeed. I don't have a particular type of women that I am attracted to. I am attracted based on personality and energy. Outward appearance-wise I find something attractive in most women I meet. I love empathic people, who are passionate, creative and look past the surface to see what is beyond the obvious. Perfection is not something that I seek, and if someone was perfect I probably would not be attracted.