1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you smoke?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RueBea85, Mar 10, 2013.

1. starfish

I smoke the occasional cigar.

2. LoveMusicPoetry

I used to smoke when I was younger. I started when I was 12 and gave up when I was 21. I smoked 20 a day from the age of about 15, so I managed to smoke a few fags and waste a few quid in a short time. I can't stand smoking now, the smell makes me feel ill.

3. Bolin

Nope. I like my lungs. Got enough second hand smoke in my childhood from my father's chain smoking.

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope! But I've been exposed to second-hand smoke my whole life. I currently still live with my mother who has been smoking for 28 years. I hate everything about cigarettes; the smell, the addiction, the harmful effects, the expense, etc. I can't wait till I move out so I can be away from them.

Though, if I were to meet a wonderful lady in the future, I would not turn her down because she smokes. Everyone makes mistakes. And I would try my best to help her quit if that's what she wanted.

5. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope.

I can't stand the smell.

6. RebelD

Only after a few drinks (I can't say no when I'm drunk)

7. Niko

I don't mind the smell of the actual smoke... the linger scent is what bothers me. But no I don't smoke, never did and never will.

8. Iamthewalrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've never smoked, I don't know many people who do smoke either.

9. all of my exs have been smokers but ive never touched a ciggie :slight_smile:

10. castle walls

I don't smoke and I never will

11. Kay

Kay Guest

Yes for years and need to quit. I am getting the patches the next time i see the Doctor. I tried to quick cold turkey a few weeks ago and had a blinding head ache.

12. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Yes; I smoke both tobacco and marijuana.

13. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, and I never have.

---------- Post added 10th Mar 2013 at 04:11 PM ----------

Good luck, Kay!

One thing to keep in mind: it can apparently take some people more than one try to quit. This is one of those "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again" things.

14. Kay

Kay Guest

I have smoked for a lot of years. The Doctor almost lost her mind when i said i tried cold turkey. She was unhappy with that. So next week when I see her she is going to get me started. Well I guess unstarted. hehehe
    I hope it works because it makes all of my health issues worse and thanks dear. Hugs

15. Colombiana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can't be around smokers because I have breathing problems inhaling the smoke. So BIG NO here, but I don't condemn anyone that does..

16. Salazar

I have to say that for me, smoking is repulsive. The smell is revolting, and you just can't get rid of it for ages.

17. therunawaybff

Just pot, and only when I don't have anything important to do. No cigarettes.

18. Convoy

I used to, I gave it up a few years ago when I went on an exercise regimen and it made it really difficult to breath at full capacity.

I still am tempted to try it again now that I'm legal but it's a bad idea and I know I'd get hooked. I know a bunch of smokers and it pretty prevalent around here so sometimes it's just difficult not to turn to the temptation.

Hopefully I'll be too busy with exercise soon to consider it and it'll make it easier to avoid.

19. PleaseHelp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    All my friends do weed, and I admit I would try it if it weren't for my dads random drug tests

20. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a social smoker, I'll smoke with friends as an excuse to spend time together and have some fun, but I'm not really interested in smoking alone. When it comes to drugs that's really my attitude towards them. Not interested in doing anything recreationally for the high, but I would try some with friends to have a good time (though I'd avoid the nastier ones like Meth, Coke, etc, due to the fact they're basically just feel-goods, with few interesting effects, and a bunch of risk). I think it would be interesting to try some LSD with a couple of people, especially considering that it has virtually no addictive potential and has the potential for a real mind-opening (or at least fun) experience.

But I would never consider making a drug part of my life, taking it daily just to feel good etc. The idea of using drugs as a go-to to feel good rather than working for that good feeling (i.e hobbies or work) is repugnant and pathetic to me. I would use them to supplement my life, not replace it.