1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will homosexual people enter heaven?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by yhonn, Feb 9, 2013.

1. TheSeeker

^^Damn boy, I like you! Be my friend forever? It's always nice to find a heretic or two on here to pal around with...

But, to the OP, all kidding aside: Here on EC you will find that most people on the site, both members and staff, are either trying to reconcile their sexual identity with their childhood religion or recovering from their childhood religion which they severed all ties with before they were able to find peace with themselves (like me).

Why so many of us here? Simple, because religion is the greatest source of strife, discord, and disharmony for all of us that had the "misfortune" to be born anything other than straight. After years of being kicked further and further into our closets by friends and family that have fed us toxic viewpoints for so long, we finally reached a breaking point and say, "Daminit! I want a second opinion! I can't change, I tried... But what if I don't have to?" So we come here, under the cloak of sweet anonymity and we find that we are not alone in this world after all.

The worst enemy to many of us was our own faith and our own beliefs about ourselves and what was expected of us... I know for me, my closet was of the flesh but the chains holding it closed were definitely celestial in origin.

So... To your original point, I can't answer your question from a Christian standpoint anymore. But do I think you are going to hell? NO. Whoever tells you otherwise is just mean, wrong, and utterly clueless as to the effect that they and others like them have on people like us.

Be proud of who you are! Live life, love sexy (so sexy) people, and laugh in the face of those who would deny you rights to live free and happy as a member of the human race... You deserve nothing less.

Queerly yours,

The Seeker (resident heathen)

#21 TheSeeker, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  2. 461 467

Very eloquently stated. A huge +1 to this post.

3. yhonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You make me smile in your post, like this:grin: Thanks with that(*hug*)

4. TheSeeker

My pleasure... Welcome to EC. We love you!

5. Fiddledeedee

That depends on a few things.

1. If the Christian form of Heaven exists, which I am unsure of,
    2. If Heaven discriminates based on sexual orientation, which I doubt it would, and
    3. If the homosexual people in question fulfil other requirements for being in Heaven, namely believing in God.

6. Pain

Pain Guest

This ^

7. Alexander69

My family is catholic and homosexuality is out if the picture 100% they feel its disgusting as a sin. I don't mean to offend and this makes me sad but I'm starting to not believe in Jesus to say. NOT god I Believe in god 100% but Jesus not so much and Adam and Eve not do much because if they were the fits humans why are there out ancestors the first humans who looked NOTHING like the modern day human? So how could Adam and Eve look like us now? Makes no sense. And why are they white? Jesus should be middle eastern. A lot of things don't make sense to me anymore I question a lot now if what I was raised to believe. No my family rarely goes to church because we are never together so we are "siners" for that I guess. But if my sexuality is a sin then....ok. Because I can't help it if I was made wrong god could easily fix me right now if he wanted to but he hasn't I used to pray to be fixed I used to cry I would ask so hard to be "cured" but god didn't help me and I take it as he knows I am perfect as I am and I don't need to be changed. As honestly I think the ones who are sinners are the ones who hate on gay people. Treat others as you want to be treated. So those haters are technically sinning themselves and are not ones to talk. And what about sex before marriage? Anyone who has sex before marriage is sinning so ya. What about children disrespecting their parents? That's a sin also. We don't take any if these seriously anymore. People jus don't like us because we are "different" not the "norm". Homosexuality has most likely always been around and it will never stop because there is noting to fix.

8. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, eventually an gay astronaut will go into outer space! Lol, no seriously that homosexuals are in my view like hetrosexuals right? You do good by denying premarrital sex, deny affairs or confescating your neighbors property or adhering to the other portions of the Bible you should be fine. I'm no biblical scholar just that catholics in various places are accepting LGBTQ individuals not in all rites but in some rites like the right.

9. It's not even in the Ten Commandments. Homosexuality probably meant something else back when the bible was written. If homosexuality really is a sin, you won't go to hell for it. It is not in the Ten Commandments. And if he could really send someone to hell for being the way they are, than he is not worthy of being called a god, to be honest. This is coming from a Christian.

10. yhonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks a lot(*hug*)

11. yhonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's really interesting question. No where in the bible does it really tell what color Adam and Eve were, and it only mention one human race and number of unspecified human ethnicities. Other said to me that according to the bible the races came from Noah's three sons, Shem, Ham and Japeth. For Cacausian, African and Asian. I don't really know much about it.

12. yhonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yep Homosexuality being a sin is not in The Ten Commandments but Anti-gay Christians always have some reason to oppose it, like they say that Homosexuality is a form of sexual immorality like having sexual relations with someone who's not married is adultery which is in The 10 Commandments. That's why they don't agree with Gay being married cause they always said that married is just for men and women.

Personally, I have enough sins of my own to worry about without trying to figure it out for other people. God is the only one who can decide on consequences for moral actions.
    I think we Christians need to learn more about love and less about condemnation. Especially considering how blessed we are compared to everyone else who has ever lived.

13. zydrateaddict97

I'm an atheist, so I don't believe in heaven. If I did, I'd say that gay people either did go to heaven as long as they'd been nice, not murdering, raping etc, or they go to hell and have a rave.

14. Stage Wanderer

It is not for us to decide, do we.

15. MartyK

MartyK Guest

I'm an atheist and without meaning to insult anyone i think you will all be fine.

16. I'm not atheist and that's not insulting, you're right

17. Fintan

Based on the Bible; I'd say anyone who is a believer in Jesus Christ and is -struggling- to do the right thing is Heavenbound. Outside of that; I'm not sure.

We're all sinners, so if sinners can't make it to Heaven then Heaven is empty.

18. FemCasanova

Not sure I want to go to heaven, if all the uber-religious bigots and judgmental a**-wipes go there. So, I guess it depends on who`s right!

But, if there really is a god, or two, who`s a nice guy, then yeah, I wouldn`t mind going there. In which case I think all homosexuals who are nice and good people go there too. It comes down to whether you believe God is a good entity, who gives a shit about what kind of a person you are, not just what you do in the bed-room. Is God the best in people, or the worst? And if he`s the worst in us, then I want nothing to do with him, because people can be bad enough.

I tend to think that if he does exist, he has to be the best in us. I mean, who`d create a bunch of people who can be so good, so tolerant and kind, but want us to judge each other, put each other down, hurt each other over who`s right or wrong, and if he doesn`t want that, why should he do it? When people do terrible things, it`s out of fear and anger, and we`re capable of terrible things. But good things too. And I`m an optimist. I think we`re supposed to be good, that we`re on our best when we are good and giving. So, if there is a god, and he`s more like a bad human than a good one, then heaven isn`t a place I`m interested in.

But yeah, there are some really good videos out there on the subject. You should check them out :slight_smile:

19. Zontar

That depends on how important you think scripture is. If you place full stock in a book edited by tens of men and accepted as the word of God...by men, well, I guess there's no way around it. No gays, people who eat shellfish, or people who eat pork are getting into heaven.

I invite you to look into nature and consider this answer for yourself, as you would any other issue. See if heaven, and gays not going to it fit in with your natural observations. They probably won't, and you'll have nothing to worry about as far as that goes. Lots of people find deities in nature, it's all you could really count on for sure.

20. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is no evidence or any credible source of information which would suggest such a place exists.