1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Can't I Get A F***ing Job?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by British Lad, Nov 17, 2010.

1. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *cherishes the fact that Australia never went into recession*

Try and cash in on your talents. I've currently got a job and an internship - my internship is voluntary, but hopefully it'll get me some work in the graphic design industry. If you have a certain interest area, try and get an internship or similar to sorta act as a stepping stone to something better.

Also, if you're that desperate for money, do what I did - apply for every single job you can find. Even if you have to clean toilets, at least it's work.

2. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have you tried volunteer work, my friend did that in a pub and a week later they offered him a job. If the business doesn't give you a job, it still looks good on you CV. The job center is a waste of time, as there are 1000's of people who use them everyday who will have a much more appealing CV than you trust me.

Also have you tried Connextions as your still a minor their services are still available to you, but when they offer applications make sure you get on their case about it as they said they either will send your application in late or forget you even filled one out.

If you want to find jobs in your own town, there are two easy ways,
    1. become an odd job man, its fairly easy and straight forward just do what ever the person ask but always quote your price before hand.
    2. Ask your parents to ask their friends to see if there are any jobs going it's the only other way I have found to get work locally.

The only way to find a decent job at the moment is go through a family friend, as if you don't have somebody already working at the business fight your case, its pretty hard for us seventeen year olds to get a our foot in the door.

Although in England getting at a job at the moment is really easy, it all depends on what your willing to do. I'm sure not matter where you live there is a pot washing job going. If your like an 17 year old trust me you don't want to work in high street retailer, all of my friends that do hate thier jobs.

well good look with the job hunt, hope any of this helps