1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rock Music!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by xxxxx, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Apocalypte

Good metal? Still exists. Good rock? Sadly, no.

2. Shevanel

What about The Raconteurs, I saw them live at a Bob Dylan Concert a few years ago RIGHT after the release of Steady As She Goes as a single. They're AMAZING live. (Jack White is pretty awesome, but so is the rest of the band) and their albums are good too, but Live the songs last like 10 minutes each because of the solos they do, even though some of the songs can be really short on the studio album.

I'm not really sure what Audioslave would classify as technically but I'd classify them as Rock, and they were fucking amazing before they broke up.

Chevelle is still really good IMO

Incubus?
    Muse?
    Flogging Molly?
    I have a soft spot for Red Jumpsuit Apparatus ONLY because I got to see them live for free in Disney World during my Senior Trip before knowing any of their songs and they're rather decent live.
    Stone Temple Pilots (They regrouped last summer, I saw em Live =D AMAZING)
    311 is really a fusion of genres but they're still amazing

And yes I did just go through my Itunes list XD I was careful in trying to pick bands that were still together and modern though. STP is the exception since they regrouped.

I really love grunge from the 90s too. I would've listed Pearl Jam since I saw them last summer too and they're still making music, but I really prefer their older stuff, I don't like all the political messages they're sending out through their new music. I don't like when politics become more important than the music they're making =/ Oh well.

3. Apocalypte

Not a huge Incubus or Muse fan, never listened to Flogging Molly, Stone Temple Pilots or 311.

On the subject of 90s grunge though, I was listening to Alice in Chains on the bus today and it was pretty savage :grin:

4. partietraumatic

im not really hugely into rock,i prefer indie music,but i dont think you can say that there is no good rock music out there. With the internet there is so much available if you just look for it you can find good music from any genre :slight_smile:

5. Shevanel

Not heard of Flogging Molly? Ironically they're Irish, They MAY be considered a form of Punk though, either way, I think they're awesome. They are somewhat similar to Dropkick Murphy's but I think Flogging Molly is better.

This is one of their bigger hits
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDwlGbEcJ6Y[/YOUTUBE]

And Not heard of STP?
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmXc4F78_vk[/YOUTUBE]
    This song was like REALLY popular during the late 90s, it has a pretty recognizable riff. Interstate Love Song is a bit not STP's usual style though, but its a decent representation.

6. Apocalypte

7. Shevanel

I noticed that on UG, I"m quite interested =D also the Supergroup Chickenfoot with Satch and folks caught my interest too.

EDIT: Seems that Chickenfoot released their first album today, i'll have to check it out =D Also, Sammy Hagar, Chad Smith and Michael Anthony are also in the group.

8. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmUHQJNfUug[/YOUTUBE]

9. Chaos

And here it goes...

Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, Bring Me The Horizon, Flyleaf, From First To Last, Cancer Bats, The Runaways, Rob Zombie, Ozzy Osbourne, Yeah Yeah Yeah's, The Action Design, Aiden, AFI, Die Mannequin, The Matches, Mindless Self Indulgence, Say Anything, Tsunami Bomb, Lita Ford, Joan Jett, Suzi Quatro, Sum 41, Queens of the Stone Age, Marilyn Manson... Many, many, many more!

Rock music is such a broad term. There are so many subgenres or fused genres. I don't like subgenres at all!

Another thing that irks me is when I go into the local music store and I see Paramore in the punk section (I like Paramore). They're hardly punk... I like them, but they ain't punk! I've also seen bands like Simple Plan in the punk section... And then I find bands like The Matches in Pop Rock. It's annoying and it doesn't make sense.

10. MusicIsLife

Most of the emo bands and pop punk bands are cited as punk for some retarded reason. I wish I knew why.

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>There are NO good rock bands nowadays. Rock is dead imo.
    >>>Good metal? Still exists. Good rock? Sadly, no.

If you're not finding good rock, you're not looking hard enough. And yes, it's up to YOU to find it. :slight_smile:

Lex

12. djt820

Honestly, the only rock I love is older than me or theyre local groups in my area.

13. Cracked Actor

David Bowie
    Pink Floyd
    Patti Smith
    Sex Pistols
    The White Stripes
    Bob Dylan
    The Velvet Underground
    Roxy Music
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Blur
    Genesis
    The Libertines
    The Smiths
    Metallica
    AC/DC
    R.E.M.
    The Strokes
    Regina Spektor
    Fiona Apple
    Judas Priest
    Queen
    Muse
    Iggy Pop
    The Stooges
    Oasis
    The Ramones
    Lou Reed
    The Beatles
    Black Sabbath
    Led Zeppelin
    Cream
    The Pixies
    U2
    The Police
    Nirvana
    The Vines
    The Hives
    Tori Amos
    Brian Eno
    T. Rex
    Sweet
    KISS
    Mötley Crue
    Blue Oyster Cult
    Ozzy Osbourne
    and many, many more.

Rock is kinda my thing. :slight_smile:

14. Shevanel

You know your shit, kid :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (*hug*) I'd give you a cookie, but, I can't xD

15. djt820

Grammar does wonders.

16. Shevanel

Shhh don't point out my mistakes XD

17. djt820

Im just looking out for you, deary <3
    :grin:

18. Just Adam

ummm...few typos i think :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: muse blur u2 nirvana and oh so many more of those aint rock :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:...sorry hehe,

not to say they are bad...apart from u2 bonos a douche but apart form that the list is pretty good

i congratulate your inclusion of BOC & T-rex

one that nobodys mentioned yet and i suppose i should is europe...how can we forget final countdown :slight_smile:

19. Just Adam

on another note its sad to see so many pop bands sneaking in to therse mentioned lists, just because a group has a guitar dont make tehm rock peopel :frowning2: and some that sound rock arent.

:frowning2: i dont blame you lovelly people i blame tthese bands for trying to pull a fast one :slight_smile:

20. xxxxx

xxxxx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ya a lot of them in the list that you are talking about are NOT rock! I think the advertiser's just put them into a category that suit's the market at the time and what is selling! A lot of people I am not saying everyone just buy music that is cool at the time or buy what is new on the market just because of the video or whatever. I don't think that is what music is about!! :eusa_doh: