1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Gay Memory?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zec24, Nov 18, 2007.

1. justcallmejoey

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first I can remember is from 2nd grade.

My friend, who I was EXTREMELY attracted to but couldn't figure out why, got braces. And she was crying because they hurt and so I kissed her...

After that it took til 7th grade when I started to get attracted to another girl. And then it hit me I was gay!

Little slow....

2. SRSLYMARK

Around 5th or 6th grade, I remember being attracted to a guy in a Gilette commercial. I thought nothing of it. xD.

3. kevinx519

hmm...well i think it was when i was around 4 or 5 when my sisters gave up playing barbies. i told my mom i wanted them and i played with them for so long. but then when i was around 6, my cousin came and said she wanted them. so my mom told me i couldnt have them anymore and gave them to her. it was tragic. as for memories of guys, i remember when i was like 8, my cousin and i were looking at her poster of 98 degrees. she told me she was in love with drew lachey. and i remember looking and was like...naw. i think nick is cuter. haha.

4. InaRut

Why did you remind of the band 98 degrees *shudders at the boyband stage of music*
    I never actually found ANY of the boy band people cute....but I LOVED the Spice Girls.

5. step49x

I know I do remember having some very, well, "interesting" dreams involving guys when I was in in early high school, but I can't remember any specific memories that should have "clued me in." I know I've never cared about sports, but that's more a general thing.

6. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I remember being 8 or 9 and really being intrigued and enjoying the fact that wrestlers on TV wore such little clothing; I freaking loved it. I just didn't know why.

7. CrimsonThunder

LOL Another wrestling fan. XD

8. boy0boy

Hmm as much as I liked wrestling and watched it as a kid. I can honestly say only a very few of the guys actually turned me on in the skimpy clothes. Odd...

9. pete92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    About 12 but could of been younger.

10. silkfrog1292

Looking back I was probably pretty obvious when i was young, i never cared for sports and i have a whole collection of teddy bears and softoys that i would accessorize with ribbons and pins. It was only after the teasing and name calling started in year 5 that i toned down and adopted "straight" mannerisms.

As for my first gay memory, i remember that when i was around 4 i lived with my grandparents. Our neighbor was this really hot guy that goes jogging SHIRTLESS every morning. I remember waiting by my bedroom window (which had a view to the street) every morning so i can catch a look at his abs. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. waitingfordawn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Personally, I've always been a kid that's played on both sides of the fence. Like, I was both a girly girl *and* a tomboy, and I enjoyed doing all sorts of things: one moment I'd be playing house with Barbie dolls and the next moment I'd be playing with trucks in the mud. So there were never any signs as a kid, I guess.

This is kind of embarrassing, but... through Google images, I stumbled upon this website of images of girls kissing girls. I have no idea if it still exists! It was this slideshow of images you could scroll through infinitely and rate on a scale of 1-10, and I spent hours and hours and hours on this website, but I always clicked off when someone came into the room because even then I somehow knew it was "wrong" for me to like it. I was like, 11/12 at the time.

12. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was a little kid, maybe around 6ish, me and my family friend (who's still my friend, thankfully) would play Doctor...well after we played it the first time, I wanted to keep playing doctor. Once we stopped playing for awhile and a combination of kids at my school playing games called 'smear the queer' and stuff like that...well I thought I wasn't supposed to like stuff like playing Doctor x) But now I don't have to worry about it :slight_smile:

13. Jewel

Jewel Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, with three much older brothers, two of whom dig chicks, and a sorry excuse for a mom, I was kinda raised with the idea that hot chicks are hot. But my first real gay memory... I think kindergarten. Me and my best friend (a girl) thought (for some odd reason I don't remember) that best friends love each other, are therefor in love, and should therefor kiss. So we kissed. And we didn't like it. And we never did it again. I mean, we kissed after that, but not with each other. She digs dudes.

14. steel03

I was probably like 6 or 7 watching a commercial for some long-outdated workout equipment, and then there was this really gross-looking woman with huge gigantic biceps, and I remember thinking I want arms like that. Even though it was a woman, haha.

15. dreamcatcher

I think I was about six or seven and i saw this movie with Cate Blanchett (Honestly, I don't think I should have been watching that movie either) and after the movie ended, I kept thinking wow she's so beautiful and what it would be like to kiss her. Not that I knew those were gay thoughts. I had no idea what a gay person was at that time. Even after I knew what being gay was, I had plenty of gay memories it's just I never thought they made me gay, if that makes any sense...

16. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, I believe I was around 7 or 8 when I watched Se7en, and developed this huge crush Brad Pitt, which I still have today, lol.. (Oh, and I don't know what movie with Cate Blanchett you ^^^ were watching but I really think my parents shouldn't have been letting my sister and I watch Se7en as kids :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

And I recall around the same time arguing with my mother and sister about how attractive or unattractive random male actors were. How that didn't tip them off, I'll never know, ha.

#56 Browncoat, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  17. Tim

Tim

Honestly, they may have been some before then, in fact, I know there were, but the earliest one I have a vivid memory of was sitting in my room playing Super Mario RPG with my friend, looking up, and realizing he was really cute. Like, really cute. XD

18. DarkClarity

I would say I was 12. I remember thinking to myself about one of my friends, " he looks really great" but then I didn't even though was gay or bisexual was. It wasn't until I was 13 I realised that I was checking him out.

19. yourillusion

I had a third grade student-teacher whom I had quite a crush on. I would take the stickers from all the quizzes she corrected and put them on another sheet to keep all the ones from her. For months after 3rd grade, we kept in contact via letters (pre e-mail). I saved the letters... and even the envelopes. Didn't even realize what was going on then.

20. anonymous1

Hmm, not sure but last year one of my friends who is a lesbian told me jokingly, "You're either really really gay, or you're really really straight." It popped into my head "oh well I am really really gay." I think this was because I wasn't really into hugs, sharing secrets, teenage girl backstabbing... Teenage stuff