"You're lying"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greeley, Jul 9, 2014.

1. ABeautifulMind

Honestly, I have never had to... Usually if I am dancing with a chick its because I am interested... I suppose I could tell her I was gay if I wasnt interested, but then I probably would just say I wasnt interested.... IDK, I guess I will find out when I come to that point lol...

of course if there is a hot guy there I could just be like I am gay, and go talk to the guy (!)

2. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not much of a party animal but I was at work the other day and another guy told me I'm not gay and should try with a girl because (and I quote) "I don't have nice nails, wear make up or walk funny" this was a legitimate conversation I had with someone.

3. ABeautifulMind

You know, I hope people dont get offended, but I just have to point out the humor in that... People just dont realize that the media focuses on the most raucous, flamboyant, and stereo typical gay men...

I get the feeling when I come out people are going to try saying i am too masculine to be into guys... Especially since most of the people I know, that I will eventually have to come out to, do not think bi is a real thing... Hell, tbh I didnt either when I was younger... But you know, life experiences, maturity, open-mindedness, and all... I hope they never say that to me, but the more I see these types of things happening to others here, the more I think I will...

4. PurpleGrey

That's...actually pretty funny. It's like, you're getting double misgendered. I blame the lack of ftm figures in the media. Partly because that's the main way Joe Schmo learns about the existence of different types of people. :rolle:

5. Hexagon

Often by people who'd be more likely to view us as men if we were trans women rather than trans men.

I've often thought that if I said to my current friends, "I'm transgender" they'd think I was a trans woman.

6. Greeley

This also goes along the lines with saying someone of the opposite sex is "Attractive looking"

A few times i've been with my straight mates and i've gone "GUYS, LOOK OVER THERE" and pointed at some very attractive woman and they are like "Why are you saying they are attractive if you're gay? You must be bi" and it just makes me face palm really hard.... I always just say "Who is your favourite male actor? *they name someone good looking* and you can see why woman may find them attractive, yes? ITS THE SAME THING"

Some people can't just fathom that you can acknowledge beauty but not be sexually attracted to it.