1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your opinions are appreciated

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by didi, Feb 17, 2019.

1. didi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't expect advice or anything. I am happy and grateful for just your thoughts on this.

Anyway if this post is messy and unorganized, please bear with me, English is not my mother tongue.

So I am a 27-year- old closet gay man. He and I live in a South East Asian country. We are both teachers of English. I met him during a trip with my classmates (they are my friends too) from my master degree class. He is a year ahead of me but had a French course together with some of my classmates, and that was why they got to know him and invited him on the trip.

Before the trip, he told one of my classmates that I was cute despite never meeting me before. That really flattered me, but later I learned that he pretty much calls anything and anyone cute.

Upon meeting him, I noticed that he was kind of effeminate: the way he covered his mouth with the back of his hand when he laughed, the way he walked, and his lisp voice. But maybe it was just me stereotyping him.

Now, I am quite talkative and like to have some unique silly words as my trademark. I also like to give some of my classmates stupid nick names too. After just one day of the trip, he started to mimic my words and those nick names quite blatantly. Actually, so blatantly that my friends noticed it too, and to the point that I believed that he was trying to manipulate me by getting me to like him. But maybe I was just being assumptious.

We were really close during the trip and we talked a lot and he spent most time with me although he just got to know me. I really liked him but the problem was, I got a feeling that he was a mild narcissist, and others somewhat agreed with me, and that was why I was cautious about him.

One time during the trip, while the others were having fun, he told me he was going back to our room (we shared the same room) and smiled at me suggestively and asked if I wanted to go with him but I refused because I was really enjoyed the others' company. A few days later, when we were alone, he asked me if I trusted him and if I hated him. I told him I had no reason to hate him why would he ask me something like that but I didn't think I could trust him just yet because we were pretty much strangers. So later that day, he asked me to go to our room with him again and this time I agreed. So what we did then was that he and I lay really close and talked about some silly thing which I couldn't remember, and we also had a little pillow fight. While we were at it, a friend of mine caught us in the act, but that friend didn't think much of it and even if he had, he was really open-minded so i didn't mind that much. However, he (the one I like) was immediately on his guard and pushed me away, telling me that I shouldn't have been that close to him and why I followed him there. I was really hurt then. He made it look like I was leading him on. I was angry with him for a while but later I made up with him because I liked him.

After the trip, I sent him a message via Facebook Messenger but he didn't reply. A few days later, I met him at school and asked him about my message. He told me he didn't ignore it, but rather he didn't know how to reply. So I started to send him messages relating to academic stuff (found out that we have the same supervisor for our thesis paper), but the conversations were pretty much one way and he didn't seem to be interested. Until one day, he randomly send me pictures of some cute puppies and told me he wanted to have some. Since then, we talked more via Messenger and he sometimes initiated the conversations. I invited him to go out with some common friends for a few times. During those occasions, there were some instances where he was really close to me physically that his cheeks touched mine when I showed him stuff on my phone (he was a head taller than me). He also asked me to go to the library with him so that we could help each other with the paper. When we were alone, we hold eye contacts and smiled at each other a lot. We also stole glances at each other. So a few weeks ago, I came out to him by casually by telling him about my same sex ex. After that, we started to talk even more on Messenger. He told me he had crushes on a few men in my class (but he said it half in joke) even though I told him that they were straight. We started to talk about some gay related stuff but nothing inappropriate or sexual. He also sent me photos of his family members and talked more about his life.

Anyway, we texted each other pretty much everyday and have hung out at least 8 times now since we first met (that was January 2nd this year). I have reasons to think he likes me but there something that bugs me. For example, he talks about himself and his family a lot but he doesn't ask about mine and I have to bring it up myself. He also has a tendency to ignores my text sometimes and he likes to talk about how he finds other men cute (in jokes) and he finds it amusing when I get irritated when he mentions other men. Some of my friend tells me that he's not trust-worthy and is playing with me and even if he isn't, he's not going to commit.

So what do you think? Do I have any opportunity with him? Should I pursue this affair? Thank you in advance for your opinions on this.

2. Dionysios

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's up to you, but he strikes me as selfish, rude and insensitive. You have admitted you like him but he ignors your messages and seems uninterested in you and your life. Like a fisherman, throw the minow back into the sea. There are bigger and fish out there to hook!