1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Friends Parents

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by goratrix, Sep 4, 2005.

1. goratrix

Do your friends' parents know you are gay?... if so... how did they find out? did you tell them personally? did your friends tell them... did they catch you and your friend doing something... revealing????

Ok... so today I was talking with a friend about another firend's birthday party that we are organizing. And her father is quiet annoying, and he won't let her even get into a car with me... just because I'm a guy and she's a girl, and he's scared that I'll rape her or something... so I just told her... but... does he know I'm gay and the chances of me trying to rape you are even less than if I were straight?... I mean... he should be worried if it were your brother getting in the car with me... not you!... and besides that.. I'm glad I have the face of a rapist, because honestly... he's a bit out of his mind!!!

Anyway... she told that she wouldn't tell that to her father because she didn't want to risk putting me in a situation in which her father would do a hurtful comment or something, because he tends to prejudge people.

I was a little surprised by this, but still... it triggered something in me... and I want to know of anyone who had similar experiences, or anything related to friends' parents...

Anyway... I have to go eat... so... thks

2. Hmm... I don't know if my friends' parents know. Part of me thinks, "No way..." b/c a lot of my friends come from pretty conservative families, and I wouldn't think that their parents would be so nice to me if they knew I'm gay. Plus, I just can't see any of my friends telling something so personal about me to their parents (even though I totally wouldn't care if they did).

On the other hand, I think at least some of them must have figured it out by now. All my parents' friends know our group of friends -- we've been pretty tight for the past 10 years -- and it's pretty much all girls, except me. One friend's parents -- whom I don't know that well -- are always very suspicious when I call. They're like, "Who is this?" And after I tell them my name, they're like, "Oh... Okay," as if to say, "We thought it was a boy (!!!), but it's just you..."

I don't know. As long as it doesn't affect our friendship, I don't care whether they know or not.

3. BlackCherryBLN

Oh, I've never made a secret of it - not even at work, at school or wherever. But straight people always say "Gay's are so "IN YOUR FACE" about it". So I try to be relaxed about it - it is not the first thing I tell them, but when they refer to my wife - I say "no, my husband", or when they ask if I have children, I say no. I don't say; "No, I'm gay".

It's a balance act I suppose, and everybody learns how to handle it sooner or later...

4. goratrix

I like beingn IN YOUR FACE, but it's my need to tick people off, anyway, welcome to the forum anyway! Have a nice stay :slight_smile: