1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your first gay/lesbian/bisexual experience?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Thieves, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, all! :slight_smile:

I figured I'd start a thread about first time experiences where you really started to realize that your sexuality was "different" from others. I'm not sure if there is another similar thread around here, I did do a search and didn't find much. If there is another recent thread that's like this one, feel free to point me in the right direction!

Just to be clear, it doesn't have to be only first sexual experience stories. It can be ones about your first crush, first kiss, first romantic connection... etc. Any are welcome. And make sure you include how old you were! I'm curious as to around what age a lot of people started realizing their sexuality...

---

Well, I guess I'll start first. I'm a girl (obviously :icon_bigg), and I'm currently questioning my attraction that I seem to have towards women. My first experience was kind of sexual, and was with a girl. It happened quite a long time ago, when I was around the age of 11 or 12. I used to have this best friend who I'd been friends with for years, the kind where you'd go over to each other's houses almost everyday just to hang out, and who you felt you were so close to you could tell them anything.

Anyhow, let's call this friend "Minnie". :slight_smile: Minnie and I used to have sleepovers all the time. One night we decided to have one at my house, where we'd often stay up eating candy and playing video games. Around 2 in the morning we would usually cut out the lights, lie next to each other and talk before we drifted off to sleep. Well, we would often joke around a lot too, and so while talking we started being silly and started play wrestling. Now that I think of it, I was kind of naive to think that this was what female friends always did and that it was normal. :lol:

Anyway, the wrestling started getting intense and I honestly felt like I was starting to get a little turned on :icon_redf ... I think she sensed this and during a heated moment while I was laying on top of her, she kissed me. And by kiss, I mean a real kiss. I remember being surprised at first, but I kissed her back and we stayed like that for a few minutes until we thought we should sleep. This would happen every so often at our sleepovers, in the same exact way, but whenever we woke up we never talked about it. I remember wanting to bring it up, but never having the guts to. I guess she didn't either. Except for the one time when after another unexpected make out we went a little further :icon_redf, she woke up in the morning and asked me if I "wanted to do it without our clothes". I said yes. :icon_redf That was the only time we went that far, and we still never said anything about it after. Our friendship went on like normal for a long time until she ended up moving away, which I was really sad about. Fast forward to now, now that I'm finally questioning my desire towards women, I always think back to "Minnie" and wonder if my attraction to girls has always been there but I just didn't think to really explore it.

2. Zontar

It was in a cellar with three of my friends.

Yeah...

3. iBlakexo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My first gay experience was back when i was 15 and happened just months after i came to terms with my sexuality.

I wanted to travel down to a different state to do work experience at my Aunt's workplace but i couldn't stay with her because she and her boyfriend shared a tiny one bedroom apartment, so i stayed with my Mums close friend and her kids who i grew up with. I ended up sleeping in the same room as her son who was only half a year younger than me and we were just chilling watching The Big Bang Theory when out of boredom he asked to play Truth or Dare and i was like 'Why, it's boring with 2 people..' but he insisted so we ended up doing funny little harmless things like scaring his sister by hiding behind the couch etc. but then suddenly he dared me to uh.. touch his 'private region' and although i was secretly all for it i acted like i didn't want to do it because i didn't want to out myself and i was worried that he may have been just joking, but after he playfully encouraged me i finally did it and we laughed. Then i dared him to do the same to me and eventually laughter turned to lust and touching turned to stroking and so on until things heated up and.. you get the picture. We didn't do anything other than light fooling around but it was definitely sexual activity. After that we ended up playing Mario Kart and never spoke of the situation again for the duration of my stay.

Since then, my Mum and his Mum had a falling out (over totally unrelated events) and our families stopped talking so i haven't seen him since. Out of curiosity i did look him up on Facebook a little while ago to see how he has changed and it turns out he is as straight as they come. He had a girlfriend and recent status's with homophobic slurs toward a football player or something so the whole situation must have just been experimenting for him.

4. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    So, what happened with the three friends after, if you don't mind me asking? Are you guys still friends, or do you still talk to each other?

---------- Post added 18th Dec 2012 at 09:03 PM ----------

Thanks for sharing, iBlake. :slight_smile: And I'm sorry things turned out like that, especially with the homophobic slurs you saw. Funny how that works out. Something tells me that even if it was mere experimentation for him, the experience you two had might've made him question his sexuality, which he might not have been too comfortable with at the time - and still now, apparently. That still gives him no reason to insult others who really are gay, though.

5. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was my first kiss, ever. I really liked that moment, so far one of my best kisses I have to say...

I hope you don't think I'm making this up because it will look like it XD, guess, guess .. It was in the theater/cinema.

I knew he was into guys, he was the one not so sure about me. The movie was almost ending when I came to the conclusion he was not going to make a move because he was not sure about me, so I did. I kind of leaned towards him and touched his lips, I didn't know exactly where I landed because it was very dark, but I presume it was right on his lips.

I was then...confused and thinking "What am I doing?! I'm kissing the guy .-." He seemed very surprised, but he got it and after 2 to 4 seconds of pure freezing, I mean really freeze, (we didn't move at all) he... adjusted a bit and went for a real kiss.

Oh boy, I.. describe that moment as a "shower of stars", like, I saw butterflies .-. I can hardly describe it, it was VERY intense.

I didn't knew how to kiss obviously, I just went for reciprocity. I did what he did to me, I guess I did good because he said he couldn't believe it was my first kiss after we went out and I told him (we had a nice discussion about that later, it was cool), I'm still not sure if was being nice to me...

We didn't do much besides kissing. We hugged a little bit, held hands. And then proceeded to our respective chairs, as we were like... between them. When we separated, I felt we realized what we have done and...we were both "lift up", if you know what I mean, we subtly and discretely looked at eachother and figured that out, then we blushed and crossed our legs LOL, it was funny. We didn't say a word besides me saying "godamnit, this feels good" between the kisses, but besides that nothing, until we left the theater.

We were together for shortly more than 1 month until our families found out and... meteor showered both of us. Things got VERY rough and we had to completely split up. We eventually started to talk again for a while, and we are still friends, no hard feelings between us even though I came with the decision to split up.

He still doesn't know I ..kind of robbed a kiss of a bicurious acquittance I met through him, but that was after we split up.

The boy liked me so much :[ I felt like trying it out... I still feel like a jerk because of it, maybe I was <_<

well I guess I went too far and wrote too much lol. Bottom line, we are still friends, and this was my 1st gay kiss.

6. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Though I'm not questioning my sexuality anymore, I'll never forget the feeling of kissing another female. My first "lesbian/bisexual/bicurious" kiss was when I was around 15/16 with my friend's lesbian sister. It felt amazing and we kissed about three times before heading inside again. When my friend found out about it, she was really upset and I didn't go over again for quite a while.

Shortly after the kiss(es) I got my first girlfriend. Though nothing more than cuddling and hugging happened between us, it felt so natural at the time...

Years following those events, I dated men only. And no more thoughts about kissing or being with (dating) women.

That is, until I started chatting to this girl online. It was instant chemistry between us and when we finally met in person, I gave her a quick kiss on the lips as we parted ways. She was a bit hesitant, as I caught her offguard but I eventually plucked up the courage to ask her to be my girlfriend. She agreed to it. But after a week's dating I just couldn't do it anymore. We've cuddled, held hands, kissed... but even though it felt right and normal, I just couldn't continue the relationship anymore. We've remained friends and it seems like she wants to go back to her ex (a guy). I'm extremely jealous of him and hate when they are together. But it's her choice and her life, so I don't have a say.

I often think about kissing a woman, but it's not as intrusive as before. I'm definitely not bisexual, and have no desire to have sex with a woman. It's so confusing because I feel I've figured out who I am and I'm sticking to that, no matter what. I feel comfortable with it and have finally accepted it's who I am

Still, would be nice to have another kiss with my ex-girlfriend... Perhaps because I still feel something for her... :confused:

7. oblina

The first one I can EVER think of was when I was in the 3rd or 4th grade, who I consider my first crush. She was my best friend and then one day she wore this sweater and I remember thinking "I like something about that sweater and its not the sweater."

It was confusing, and was the beginning of many many years of being in the closet. I didn't know what I was feeling, I was supposed to like guys. My family and her family always made jokes about me and her brother getting married and inside i was so upset it wasn't her instead. When my family let him (who was also my bestie) spend the night with his sister at my house I was so upset it wouldn't be us alone.

We drifted apart when she went to jr. high a year before me, but we are friends on facebook now and I can see why she was my first crush, because I still think she is beautiful. Just too :***: straight :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. BiErik

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first sexual experience was homosexual, I was 14 and a buddy/boyfriend of mine (Ryan). We had been close, while camping in youth groups we slept in the same sleeping bag, which was really nice being that close. Well we decided to get a little playful, some together time was spent, and pleasures were exchanged, nothing from a movie or really anything more than mildly inappropriate between teens. I actually loved him, but he moved away and this was before things like Facebook and email. I remember him so well. I found him on Facebook but he has a wife and kids of his own, do apparently he wasn't as bisexual as I am.

9. PeteNJ

My first gay experience was with a guy my age, 11 years old. We had sleepovers almost exactly like you describe with your friend. We'd laugh, talk wrestle. He was an artist, so he'd draw pictures of me naked, close ups of my penis, etc. And maybe its a guy thing, we never kissed, but started jerking each other off. That progressed to BJs. And then we tried to get other guy friends to join us (though none of them wanted to, hah!)

Looking back, I should have thought it a little odd that he always insisted we take showers before going to bed.

But you know, neither of us knew really anything about being gay. We just went with our feelings... and it felt quite good ;-)

He and I stayed close friends through high school, though the sexual fun didn't last. (Both of us were super nerds and students - and we really were focused on that).

10. Lewis

Went I was younger and experimented with the opposite sex, I knew that there was something missing. I knew that when I looked at the same-sex something felt right, it was actual attraction. Whenever I crushed on girls I think it was more so their personality I liked and admired them as people.

My first gay experience(s) have really all happened this year in a short period of time. I've kissed a few guys (weirdly all straight guys...so does that even make it a real experience?) and I've done some other things with a couple of those guys. I've also learnt that when a straight guy is drunk, their sexuality is pretty fluid. I guess the main reason that they do count is because they felt right and not...fake. When I've kissed girls, I never really enjoyed it.

11. 807

Mine with someone of my age. We were spending time hanging out in a local wood, we were about 13 or 14 & just sitting laying around in this old caravan & I am not sure how or why but some masturbating started & then we started kissing & masturbating each other.
    I remember the experience more than the details, but the experience was great & happened several times more & developed a little beyond masturbating. But not much.

12. Pat

Pat

I would like to contribute here, but I really don't remember. lol. I don't know in what order I remember things. The first image of a boy I can get was in 3rd grade or so. We took a shower together once and afterward he just kissed me and never really let me go after that, until I moved. I remember his first name, well..his nickname but not his last, so I haven't been able to check for him at all. I want to say he was the first experience, but I don't think so. The first one I'll count.

13. aeva

Me and two of my best friends (one straight, one bi, who I'm no longer friends with) kissed and groped around in high school. Even though it wasn't really sexual in any way because we'd all known each other for so long, it made me think "I'd really like to do that again...with a girl who isn't just my friend". Over the intervening years, my attraction to women has slowly increased while my attraction to men has slowly decreased, identifying as bi for a few years, then as gay for the last year and a half.

14. FunnyMonkey

First gay first crush I was probably 9 or so and we hung out almost ever day and I remember I just wanted to see him naked I didn't know then so I never said anything about it as I thought I was weird and turn out he's some what bi now go figure.lol But he hate me know, but I never did anything to him so I think he feel the same way to me or did.

15. MixedNutz

Alcohol
    Truth or Dare
    I took the dare, and made out with a guy

And loved it