1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your favorite school memory

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Mackattack, Aug 10, 2012.

1. CTJ

CTJ

My group of friends for the first few years of senior school were the most unpopular kids of my form. No one liked us, no one really bullied us, other than a few names, we were the weird kids at the back of the class. (We were always the smart ones too, 'Boff' being a common insult, although i never understood how it was an insult)

Anyway, despite being the most disliked kids, during drama class me and my friends always twisted our assignments into comedy. Even if it was supposed to be a tragic or dramatic scene and everyone loved us during those lessons. We even had a running joke where no matter what character i played, i would always get killed (it was funny because i was the tallest, biggest and strongest of my friends who were all short and skinny). I still look back on drama class with fond memories because for two hours a week, people liked us. :slight_smile:

Things changed after the school integrated the forms. I found a new group of friends and actually became semi-popular and my best memory after that was during the lunch hour.

The whole school would be stood in the lunch hall, chatting, eating, etc. Then for some reason someone turned the lights off and something amazing happened. It was like the whole school had the same idea at once, we had a small riot. Tables, food, drinks, books, everything got thrown around. But when the lights came back on, everyone was stood still and eating as if nothing had happened. Funniest moment of my school life. The teachers couldnt do a thing about it because the whole school denied it.

I miss school.

2. Pauline

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to say the best times were A Sharon C. wetting her pants after the teacher refused her bathroom pass and me giving out ice cream sandwhiches to only one side of the cafe

3. Vesper

I had many good memories from my participation in Science Olympiad in high school. I'm just disappointed that we never won first in the state Olympiad, but the school that always won was full of students who were children of scientists at a major national laboratory, so go figure--in a situation like that, getting second place in the state is a major success, and my school actually accomplished that one year. I actually got named as the Science Olympiad Leader of the Year in my last year, IIRC, which was really nice.

Learning that I was a National Merit Semifinalist in high school was also a highlight, as some students who didn't really know me that well congratulated me on the achievement, and my name got in the paper as one of the only three from my school to gain the distinction that year.

I wish I were as good of a student as that scholarship had suggested, as I barely scraped a 3.0 in college. It's safe to say I miss high school a great deal.

4. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Well, I'm not done yet, but one of my favorite things so far has been an English class "requirement" that a few of us have set for ourselves. Whenever we have creative writing, every character has to die. Sometimes we implement it really stupidly, but it's always hilarious. I wrote a play where two guys save a climbing group and then throw them a pizza party at the end, but then it turns out that they'd accidentally poisoned the pizza by letting it come into the company of broccoli, so everyone in the group except one dies. Then he sues the duo for $15 million. They commit suicide in court because they can't pay. Then the judge and jury commit suicide because it's so sad to see the duo committing suicide.

I think I'll have an F in that class. Oh well.

5. AmblingSam

In 7th grade I was invited to the school awards ceremony. I sat through the whole thing not getting anything until the very end when they gave me an award made just because of me!!! I got it for being a nice and socialable person who all the teachers and students liked!

was also the only one to get it.