1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You shouldn't have to "get used to" rejection.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kodo, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The other day a friend told me something. After I explained to her that I had just been kicked out of my home for being trans, and had to listen to a guy spew transphobia at me for well over an hour, I said at this point I was used to it. I can't tell you how many times people have told me I'm going to hell, or that I'm mutilating my body, or that I will never be a "real" man. I said, at this point, I'm used to rejection. I barely shed a tear this time. Because in a way I think I expect it.

"You shouldn't have to be used to it," my friend told me.

And she's right.

For all you trans people out there who are struggling, know that you are valid and you are loved. No matter how much people spit at you, reject you, or hate you. Those people are wrong and you do not need to apologize for who you are. You should never have had to hear those things, and the fact that we trans people do go through this shit all the damn time doesn't make it okay. There are amazing supportive people out there and those people have saved my life. Don't give up hope. Stay true to yourself and always keep fighting.