You know how people have the "fight or flight" thing when they panic which are you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mind Freak, Jul 24, 2008.

1. interstella

Re: You know how people have the "fight or flight" thing when they panic which are yo

Probably flight. I am such a wuss lol

2. Étoile

Re: You know how people have the "fight or flight" thing when they panic which are yo

Flight. I can't even win a verbal fight let alone a physical one. I try to steer away from conflict as much as I can and when it does occur, I do try to hold my ground but the other person quickly wins. I'll neevr make it in this cold-hearted world. LOL

3. jazzrawr

I'm both. It depends on the situation, see. I don't like to fight, and I don't often because it takes a while to get me really mad. But if someone hit me first, i'd hit them back harder. XD
    I don't panic much anymore, I used to have panic attacks but now I don't panic at all. When something bad happens, i'm the one who acts all cool and in control to make everyone else feel better XD
    I don't START fights, though. I'm pretty good at diffusing the situation, and I don't like provocing people. I've only ever started one, and that was because some guy threatened to beat up a friend of mine because he thought he was gay (Which he is really, truly not. He's incredibly straight, he's just skinny and hangs out with girls sometimes. So apparently that = gay. >.<) So i told him if he even thought about it again i'd punch him in the face. He never ended up doing it...
    Anywho. So i'm both really, because i don't like fights but i will fight if i need to.

4. biisme

i think i'm more of the "freeze" type of person....

5. pirateninja

I'm a coward. If I think I'm in danger, I run.

If I cannot run, for example if the exit's blocked, then I at least try to take the bastards down with me.

When it's not a dangerous situation though, if I have not let myself get mad, then I will walk away rather than incense the situation. If I am mad though, then I will not back down.

#25 pirateninja, Jul 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  6. Mind Freak

Haha. If its something like a loud noise then I'll just run.
    But I don't really back down from fist fights unless its over something stupid.

Like in 4th grade this kid wanted to fight me because i was talking to his "girlfriend" wtf? He probably couldn't even spell it. So I just told him to shut up and went back to finishing my PB&J sandwhich.

Lol.

7. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

If I have time to think about it, my response is usually flight, I avoid conflict if at all possible. So my immediate reflex when startled is to punch, but my conscious thought is to run.

8. steveo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Lol I don't think I get into many fight situations because it takes a lot for me to get provoked to the point where theres a fight . But if I do get into a fight I think I'm more of a freeze person too. Freeze people unite! :lol:

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

If it's physical or could lead to violence - flight! That's probably from being bullied at school a lot, many years ago. I try to avoid difficult situations, crowds of rowdy people etc.

If it's verbal then probably fight. I will stand for my position if I know I'm right (or think I'm right).

10. Nanzuniko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only

It depends on the time of day, and whether or not it's an even month or not (and if I had my daily tea =O)

Physical: flight (unless it was a demon thingy or something, those really bug me D:<)

Yeah if it's verbal: fight to the end.

11. grapevine fires

It depends on the situation.

If I know I'm going to get seriously hurt, I'd choose flight, but most of the time I stand my ground and fight. I've given up being walked all over.

12. Psych!

Psych! Guest

I believe I have a FLIGHT reaction. I've always tried to stay out of trouble, ergo, I'm a pacifist / lover, not fighter. You get the idea.

13. HalfInsane

I tend to have a really strong need to avoid conflict, I don't seek it out, and only willingly participate in it if I feel I have no choice otherwise. All the same, I try to stay civil about it. I'd say that'd be a flight reaction.

On the other hand, if I'm in a situation where I need to either run or fight and there's no avoiding it it depends on the situation. Unless I'm completely scared out of my mind, I'll think it out and pick one or the other... if I'm in a state of total panic, though, I usually go for the flight reaction.

14. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

it depends on the situation, if its over something stupid I'll just walk out, but if its something serious and i know i got a good chance of winning i'll fight, otherwise i will up and disappear like a fart in the wind

15. Chamber of Life

This is a good thread. I would have to say it depends on the situation. If they're a person doing something to me... then I have to fight. (or attempt) If there's a dog, run, a loud noise, I jump or run.... Idk its just depends on the situation. Really cant explain.:icon_bigg

16. biisme

I'd like to re-post, after I thought about it more.

It depends on whether that person has also pissed me off, because I will fight if so. I guess it really varies. It also varies on who else is around, where I am, how well I know the area, but in general, I think I'm a "fight."

17. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I'm a fighter with anyone except my brother. I have awful memories of when we used to fight, and I don't want to ever relive that again, let alone initiate it. We're bff's now. :grin:

With anyone else, though, I'm truly fearless.